If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

(Not) RPGcast - E3 2013 Special

Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News EditorRPGamer Staff
edited July 2013 in Latest Updates
Warden Chris has left the building, now the inmates are running the asylum. Hear want these irregulars have to say about the news of this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Download-enate!

Comments

• sirsniffysirsniffy Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Excellent show guys! I really liked this free-form format. Chris and Anna can enjoy their honeymoon knowing things were in good hands.
  • BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Loving the show, thanks for making the effort!
    I'm actually addicted to certain types of action RPG's ....Diablo clones, for heaven's sake I'm still playing Path of Exiles Beta, made it to level 82, the skill system on this game bears a striking resemblance to FF7 hmn.
    I agree , better controls on Witcher 3 puleese!Then I won't have to cheat...
    Does feeding your man count as a fetch quest?
    viva la Indie games!
    Down with region lock!
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2013
    I'm listening to the show (finally) and I'll post my thoughts here...updating this post as they come to mind.

I'm interested, as well, in FF13. While I don't see it replacing WoW, or breaking any MMO barriers, I believe it will be a solid entry...and the fact that its cross platform intrigues me. I'm not sure how many other ones are out there on the PS3...but I do wonder how bringing a big well-done MMO deal to consoles works out in the long run.

I was one of those people who like Blitzball. :) Didn't know about the cheat of staying in your goal, and I wouldn't use it if I did. Don't ask me WHY I liked it...I'm not even sure myself...but I do know I wasn't the only one.

LOL...I think it's Trent who says something along the lines of 'if players don't like the direction this new FF is going, you can go back and play the older ones, ' ... a sentiment echo'd in his editorial. It made me laugh as I thought about the now infamous comment made by the MS exec who said that they have a great alternative for those without constant internet connections...the older xBox system :)

I agree with one of you on the show about KH. I like it, but only in so much that I like exploring/playing in Disney theme'd areas, because I liked most of the moves. I couldn't care less about Sora and the others as characters. The story of those guys lost me a LONG time ago.
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited June 2013
    Finally added the show to the main feed.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited June 2013
    sabin1001 said:
    Finally added the show to the main feed.
    So, when's the show proper coming back? Lots has happened even since this here special.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2013
    We're figuring that out. Might be another 3 weeks, might be next week -- depends when we can wrangle people together. We're out of town the 6th and moving the 13th.
    edited June 2013
    Xbox vs Sony "hands off"
    -On XBLIG, to my knowledge, everything is peer reviewed. Not so with Sony's indie track, which goes through the same certification process as all other PSN games. I have no comment as to one way or the others is superior.

Hometown Story art
    -I'm sort of amused how many people don't like the art style when it's designed by Atsuko Nishida; as a Pok
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    Paws said:

Hometown Story art
    -I'm sort of amused how many people don't like the art style when it's designed by Atsuko Nishida; as a Pok
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited July 2013
    Hey, that's fair. I know we go on and on about Dragon's Crown in the regular podcast, but I think Hometown is going to be another game that's going to be "make or break" over the art style for a lot of people.
    edited July 2013
    [video=youtube;g-H2-ACqo5k]

I don't know if I'd call Hometown Story's artstyle as divisive as that of Dragon's Crown. Everything about this screams typical cutesy Natsume fare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    You'd think so but...you should see the fansites. Yeah.
    edited July 2013
    Paws said:
    You'd think so but...you should see the fansites. Yeah.
    Seriously? What complaints could possibly be had?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2013
    "The art is ugly. I'm so angry they made an ugly game. I'm not buying it."
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    I wonder if the fact that they hired the Werther's Caramel guy (pedantic people: I know it's not really him) to narrate the trailers is affecting people's impression of the art/game in general? His voice makes the whole thing seem extra-hokey.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance