If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

I need a new sitcom to watch

hoktomasterhoktomaster MemberFull Members
edited April 2014 in Entertainment
I am bored so I have been watching American sitcoms, I've already watched all of parks and recreations and community and am currently downloading the us office, I am currently looking for some more similar sitcoms at least 2 or more seasons in length.
I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster

Comments

• AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Depending on the type of humor you are into, I would suggest Workaholics, The League, and Raising Hope. An older series I like is Malcolm in the Middle. I've never been big on comedies by CBS, but How I Met Your Mother is entertaining if only to experience Neil Patrick Harris and his wacky humor.
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited June 2013
    I second Malcolm in the Middle.

One of my favorites is Fraiser. For nostalgia, I really liked The Drew Carey Show.
    ClixPsi.png
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    I forgot to mention maybe something that didn't really get released in the uk

edited June 2013
    Oh. I have no idea what you all get and don't get.

I'm going to go off a limb and suggest Reba then. I would be surprised we gave you that that--it's an acquired taste. ((Warning: Contains copious amounts of Texan accents. Proceed at your own caution.))
    ClixPsi.png
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Try corner gas for a canadian sitcom that did well both sides of the border. Bonus - its been on for a long time so thats plenty of seasons (5+years)
  • omegabyteomegabyte Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2013
    If you're looking for something a bit older, try NewsRadio. Phil Hartman at his best.
    Maybe I'll log out and check my e-mail or something...
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Yes I keep meaning to download that it was awesome

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited June 2013
    omegabyte wrote: »
    If you're looking for something a bit older, try NewsRadio. Phil Hartman at his best.
    Man I miss Phil Hartman.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited June 2013
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Man I miss Phil Hartman.

The world misses him. Such a funny guy.
  • CronoCrono Member Full Members
    edited June 2013
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Whether you call it a sitcom or not, DO IT.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Round out the NBC sitcoms with 30 Rock if you haven't already. Jack Donaghy's almost as good as Ron Swanson.
    omegabyte wrote: »

NewsRadio was great but it's a tough rewatch for me ever since I found out about the whole Jon Lovitz attacking Andy Dick thing.
    Crono wrote: »

This. I'm going through them again on Netflix right now, hit season 4 last night. Also not really a sitcom and animated but Archer which plays on FX right after Always Sunny. So fantastic.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
    edited June 2013
    Crono wrote: »

Why would you do that to some--oh, wait, he's already watched The Office (US). Nevermind. He'll probably like that show.
    ClixPsi.png
    edited June 2013
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    Round out the NBC sitcoms with 30 Rock if you haven't already. Jack Donaghy's almost as good as Ron Swanson.

NewsRadio was great but it's a tough rewatch for me ever since I found out about the whole Jon Lovitz attacking Andy Dick thing.

This. I'm going through them again on Netflix right now, hit season 4 last night. Also not really a sitcom and animated but Archer which plays on FX right after Always Sunny. So fantastic.

Lovitz is only in the final season, which isn't that great. The only reason to watch Season 5 is for the Johnny Johnson episodes.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited June 2013
    Oh, I like Lovitz. The Critic was awesome. It's more about Andy Dick.

From his Wikipedia page
    On July 17, 2007, at the Laugh Factory comedy club in Los Angeles, Dick was in an altercation with his former NewsRadio co-star Jon Lovitz, who claimed that, a year earlier, Dick had approached Lovitz at a restaurant and said, "I put the Phil Hartman hex on you; you're the next one to die," and demanded an apology from Dick. Lovitz has accused Dick of re-introducing Hartman's wife (Brynn Omdahl) to cocaine, who had a relapse, killed Hartman while he slept in his Encino, California home, and then shot herself.[49] When Lovitz joined the cast of NewsRadio as Hartman's replacement in its fifth and final season, he told Dick: "I wouldn't be here now if you hadn't given Brynn that cocaine."
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited June 2013
    I've never been big on comedies by CBS, but How I Met Your Mother is entertaining if only to experience Neil Patrick Harris and his wacky humor.

Seconded. Really great advancement of the traditional sitcom. Jason Segel is excellent as well. I was surprised how much I got invested in this show.
    HyphyKezzy wrote: »
    Also not really a sitcom and animated but Archer which plays on FX right after Always Sunny. So fantastic.

Also seconded. Freakin' hilarious.

I don't really know what the uk has gotten or not, but I'd also recommend: Arrested Development, Scrubs and Bob's Burgers.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    Surprised no one mentioned How I Met Your Mother. Which except for three episodes (one of which was the series finally) was a really good run. Last season being really amazing 95% percent of the way through, again save the very episode which was confusing
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool