If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Regarding coverage of kickstarter / indiegogo projects

Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
edited June 2013 in Site & Forum Support
Making a new thread so I don't derail the Soul Saga thread.

Just a question for the staff:
I saw you made news about Soul Saga being successfully funded. I wanted to inquire what the general requirement is to get a crowdfunding project covered here. Does the crowdfunding have to be already successful before it's covered? If I know a successfully (or promising, in case the reply to the previous question was "no") funded project, who should I best contact to get the game covered here?

Comments

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2013
    It's on the bottom of every single story, including the Soul Saga one:

Please note that RPGamer's Kickstarter coverage is solely at staff discretion. Kickstarter campaigns may send a press release to news@rpgamer.com, but are asked to please not personally petition RPGamer staff via e-mail or social networking. Coverage is not guaranteed. Thank you!
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited June 2013
    So only the creators of a game can send in a request?
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2013
    The note is aimed at Kickstarter creators, as they are generally the ones contacting us about their projects. Anybody can send a news tip in to news@rpgamer.com. Coverage is still not guaranteed and is subject to the availability, scrutiny, and yea perhaps even the whim of the staff. Tip senders are asked to please not spam the news inbox or bug the staff if a coverage decision is negative.

Kickstarter projects that are fully funded or looking likely to succeed are much more likely to receive coverage. Our general Indie Coverage rules and standards can be seen here.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance