If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Sink Your Fangs into this Lightning Returns Trailer

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited July 2013 in Latest Updates
Lightning went to Paris this week and met an old friend along the way. Can you guess who it is?
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2013
    OH MY! This is going to be good...cause right now she appears to be more of a Valkyrie than anything.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • colormonstercolormonster Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    The voice acting in this game is... meh.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    colormonster said:
    The voice acting in this game is... meh.
    It's a shame they don't do dual audio, really. Lightning is voiced by one of my favourite voice actresses in Japan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • NefarioCallNefarioCall Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    I used to hate FF8 .. but over the years i grew to love it.
    13 might end up the same way.
  • AngelonightAngelonight Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Fang! Rock on!
    Kain: "Conscience...? You dare speak to me of conscience? Only when you have felt the full gravity of choice should you dare to question my judgment!"
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Will this be the first JRPG where "God" doesn't turn out to be some kind of malevolent transdimensional alien thing?

What am I saying, of course not.
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited July 2013
    What else could god be?
  • InstaTrentInstaTrent Opinionator RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    Angelonight said:
    Fang! Rock on!
    Fang has garnered my attention, as per usual.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95[/ATTACH]
    "To tell you the truth, I like drinking tea and eating fresh vegetables, but that doesn't fit with my super-cool attitude. I guess I have to accept this about myself."
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2013
    Drav said:
    Will this be the first JRPG where "God" doesn't turn out to be some kind of malevolent transdimensional alien thing?

What am I saying, of course not.
    I dunno, there's a pretty good theory going around about who Etro is. I could go into a very long wall of text explaining it before getting to the punch, but I'll give the tl;dr version. The theory is that basically
    Spoiler:
    Serah is Etro herself. She saved the party in FFXIII at the end, and that's why she had the Eyes of Etro in FFXIII-2 despite the fact that only Yule was supposed to have them. This also explains how she died at the end of FFXIII-2 when the Heart of Etro was stabbed.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • EthosEthos Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    The dialogue in the XIII series can go jump off a cliff, but I adore the battle system in XIII, most of the gameplay in XIII-2, and I'm super-hyped to play this game. I'm just excited for my second playthrough when I'll feel comfortable skipping the cutscenes.
    Mario Kart 8 Review - Latest Proto article
  • Sam = WiseSam = Wise Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    I would be looking forward to this so much more if it was still party based. Playing as just Lightning for the whole game seems pretty daunting considering how much they've butchered her character since the original 13.