If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Limited Edition Announced

QuinQuin ne cede malisRPGamer Staff
edited July 2013 in Latest Updates
You're not really interested in the art book are you? No, you're waiting to see the HA HA HA scene in full HD glory. Sadly, the trailer doesn't have that, but it is pretty.

[NEWS]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Comments

• SalfurionSalfurion New Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    I am interested in the art book... Although I own the ps2 version, I believe Square has peaked my interest enough to justify the re-purchase.
  • MC_HAMMERPANTSMC_HAMMERPANTS New Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    The new Tidus looks like a gayer Ellen Degeneres.
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited July 2013
    MC_HAMMERPANTS said:
    Is that an improvement from his previous Meg Ryan look?
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    i'm sad that i really want this. The Kingdom Hearts 1.5 thing is easy enough to resist, but FF10 is still one of my favourites.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited July 2013
    I will have no problem skipping this whatsoever. Mostly because X is my second least favorite FF. Didn't mind X-2 much but once was enough.

The upgrade looks pretty decent, but while the video didn't give us the weird laughing scene, it did give us Creepy-Blinker Tidus. I could do without seeing that ever again.
  • RealityCheckedRealityChecked Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Not interested, but I did like the split screen video. Of course, with TZ playing in the background, Zork HD would look good.
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Need a "forever alone" image for the Vita :(
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited July 2013
    As I said on the Twitters, I hope this is the entire first printing so I can get a free upgrade on my preorder. Sadly, I don't think SE is as generous as Namco, Atlus et al with these things.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
    edited July 2013
    where did you pre-order from Shaymin? (you seem to be in the same province as me!) EBgames.ca seems to have it as the only option right now, so I assume all first runs are the limited one.
  • NefarioCallNefarioCall Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    I'd want this but that wonderful Japanese VO at the end and that we can't have nice things like that means i have no interest.

Reality is there's an un-dubbed ISO sitting on my Hard-drive, with an emulator which will upscale the resolution to HD, and a widescreen hack to go with it. So maybe the official PS3 version will have 'SLIGHTLY' more polish in terms of new textures, but mine is still HD widescreen and it has the Japanese VO.

PC WINS.
  • TyphaonTyphaon Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Outside the fact that yours is illegal sure.
    What I have seen and done to achieve my position defies belief. What I am capable of and will be party to in order to retain it would chill your soul.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited July 2013
    lolwhoops said:
    where did you pre-order from Shaymin? (you seem to be in the same province as me!) EBgames.ca seems to have it as the only option right now, so I assume all first runs are the limited one.
    FutureShop ($26.66 thanks to an E3 promo). They just have the one version as well.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    I'm only really interested in playing this on the Vita so meh the PS3 LE, if they did release a similar double-pack for with the separated Vita versions it would be tempting.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)
  • ClixClix Never Google Image Search Full Members
    edited July 2013
    NefarioCall said:
    I'd want this but that wonderful Japanese VO at the end and that we can't have nice things like that means i have no interest.

Reality is there's an un-dubbed ISO sitting on my Hard-drive, with an emulator which will upscale the resolution to HD, and a widescreen hack to go with it. So maybe the official PS3 version will have 'SLIGHTLY' more polish in terms of new textures, but mine is still HD widescreen and it has the Japanese VO.

PC WINS.
    Really? I've listened to both voice casts, and, honestly, both are just plain awful--this was Square's first time tackling voice acting. The original Japanese cast is boring, and it really, really shows that this was Morita's first role (and I honestly don't think he ever got that much better). The English dub, meanwhile, was equally bad due to bad ADR (see Burress's performance for Yuna). Honestly, if forced to pick one, I'd go with the English version, because McKenzie and Strong put in damn good performances for Auron and Rikku (as opposed to the more phoned-in approaches of Ishikawa and Matsumoto, respectively).

That said, dual audio would be nice just because more choices are a nice thing. But, for this chase in particular, it's not as significant of an issue as it is in more low-budget dubbing "efforts."
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    I've got my PS2 hooked up to my HDTV and it actually looks pretty decent. Don't see a reason to go in for this.
    edited July 2013
    Clix said:
    That said, dual audio would be nice just because more choices are a nice thing. But, for this chase in particular, it's not as significant of an issue as it is in more low-budget dubbing "efforts."
    Yeah, you're right. It's a much larger issue in Baten Kaitos (although you can mute it in that one). I'm just shaking a stick in general these days at any game which doesn't have the option. FF13 is also English only. I understand there are some barriers legally in bringing us the Japanese VO, but it's 2013. They ought to have figured out how to do it by now.
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    The audience who will buy a game solely because it has JP VAs (and would not if it only had English) does not equal the cost of buying the rights. However, that's a topic for its own thread.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    Clix said:
    Is that an improvement from his previous Meg Ryan look?
    It'd be an improvement if he could be voiced by Ellen.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2013
    Ocelot said:
    It'd be an improvement if he could be voiced by Ellen.
    Oh Ocelot, how you make me laugh.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    DarkRPGMaster said:
    Oh Ocelot, how you make me laugh.
    Ellen did a hilarious send-up of "laughter therapy" once. You don't know how long I searched for a clip of it while making my post.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • SandySandy Final Fanatic Full Members
    edited July 2013
    MC_HAMMERPANTS said:
    Yeah, I think Yuna's new face is a definite improvement, but Tidus's... not so much.

As much as I love Ellen DeGeneres, I don't want to see her cast as a teenage jock with daddy issues.
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    They sure did push the PS2 to its limit.
    I just can't do those sphere grids again.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Under watcher Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Typhaon said:
    Outside the fact that yours is illegal sure.
    What if he ripped itself from a imported copy?

PC WINS.
    How you know it will not have double audio? (Note that the 2nd quote is from Nefario)
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    LordKaiser said:
    What if he ripped itself from a imported copy?
    Then you'd be awesome, and also probably far in the minority as I think it's safe to say most doing the whole un-dubbed ISO thingy probably did not import the game.
    edited July 2013
    LordKaiser said:
    How you know it will not have double audio?
    I watched the Square-Enix presents stream at E3 and they had hours of coverage/interviews on FFXHD Remaster (The videos are up on youtube so you can still watch the FFX-Remaster stuff over there if you want). One of the interesting things that came up is that SE used to be pretty bad about keeping back-up copies of their game data. This was particularly bad for Kingdom Hearts... but in any case, they didn't simply take old textures and upgrade them because in a lot of cases the old data had been lost. (something tells me that may also be the case with VII)

The question was about what they'd learned from this experience. The answer ... do a better job of protecting the data.

They were also asked about the audio. English VO only for these new releases.

... as for the ISO thing, it actually is from my own copy. I used to have shelves packed with hundreds of RPGs, but eventually decided there was too much upside to moving off the console and onto my PC. So i ripped the entire collection onto my HD.
  • sladewilsonsladewilson New Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    I cant wait for this game
  • AngelonightAngelonight Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Haters are going to hate, and whiners are going to whine, that's fine. While you are all whining, complaining and hating I am going to be enjoying, and playing the stuffing out of these games. Not only did I love them when they first came out I'm going to love them in HD, AND they are the international releases to. Let me think when was the last time SE gave America the International release of anything, Hmmm, that would be never. So yeah Can't wait, already have mine paid off.
    Kain: "Conscience...? You dare speak to me of conscience? Only when you have felt the full gravity of choice should you dare to question my judgment!"
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Square just announced Lightning will be in one of the two games.
    edited July 2013
    Lightning the character or the stupid dodging mini game for getting lulu's ultimate weapon thing? How would Lightning the character fit in FFX/X-2?
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2013
    lolwhoops said:
    Lightning the character or the stupid dodging mini game for getting lulu's ultimate weapon thing? How would Lightning the character fit in FFX/X-2?
    Simple...optional dungeon.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.