If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

again what characters would you like to see in the new Smash bros?

ShadowcatShadowcat MemberFull Members
edited November 2013 in Miscellaneous
Hi guys I'm bored so I'm asking the age old question with a few ground rules to make it more realistic:

1. characters must have something to do with a classic era in Nintendo history. (This includes 3rd party characters!)
2. If the characters are from a more recent(than the classic era) they had something to do with the success of the Nintendo system they appeared on
3. No characters created by Rare. This includes Conker, Banjo, ETC.

Exceptions:
1. Sega characters are allowed(due to the Nintendo/sega deal) but like the rules above I'd like to see ones that are classic Sega and/or something to do with the success of the system they appeared on.
2. Since the game is being developed by Namco Bandai I'm allowing these too but no licensed anime characters are allowed like Naruto and Goku! Anything from klonoa, Pac Man, Tales, Cyberconnect 2, ETC. is allowed
3. Characters from any recently announced Wii U crossover titles are allowed like oh say Atlus(shin megami tensei, persona, ETC.)

Also please put why and how you think they would make a good smash bros character!

My list:

1. Mike Jones(Startropics) - The hero from a very fun but often ignored 1st party series of NES games. They were Japanese games developed for the US market and Startroipcs has never been in smash(not even a trophy) and it's a crying shame plus it's sequel Startropics 2 is even abit better than the first. Mike like Link(of zelda fame) has many potentially fun attacks with a yo-yo/whip like weapon, Psychic powers(psyshock), torches, baseballs, ninja trowing stars, Magic staffs, and bolas. Back when the Wii launched the games were some of the most requested for the virtual console where they were finally released to europe...

2. Kite(.Hack//)- the protagonist of Cyberconnect 2's .Hack//Infection series. This crazy twin blade has magic and cool weapons to spare. Plus I couldn't resist trying to Data Drain Mario!(make him go 8-bit!)

3. Red(Solotorobo)- Red is a cool dog character from the DS game Solotorobo and has a pretty big mech to punch people and carries around a sun blade for getting around off the mech and smacking people around. He can also turn human for his final smash and power up!

4. Beat(Jet Set Radio)- a rockin, grafiti painting, inline street skating dude and head of the GGs. He could do all his tricks and paint all over the rest of the characters in spades :)

Assist Trophy:
1. Fighter/ship(Galaga)- Totally the classic space shooter Galaga is still played and remembered by gamers today. Unleashing this would have the fighter descend and start firing away at the other charters for a few minutes.

(sorry long list...wanted to leave you guys a few)
FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
FlOzXvF.jpg
My VAPS Entry,

Comments

• ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Made this with some friends two years ago when the game was technically announced.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9099/zucr.jpg
    ClixPsi.png
  • JungyinJungyin Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight) - A good fighting game developed by Nintendo late in the Famicom's life, I'd like to see it represented in Nintendo's new "fighting" game and Sukapon is more or less the game's mascot character.

The Amazon (Pro Wrestling) - A classic game from Nintendo, it'd be interesting to see how well a grappling focused character would work in the Smash style. They made a stealth character work, so who knows? His heel status would allow for more outlandish non-grappling moves to fill out his set.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    Geno from Super Mario RPG

Fawful from Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga

Hammer Brother from Mario games

Hero from Dragon Quest games (Nintendo had published quite a few for the DS)

Demi-fiend or SMT IV's main character.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia. One of the most successful games on the Game Cube, would be a perfect fit.

Either Isaac or Felix from Golden Sun. Golden Sun needs some love! Fire Emblem and Mother both get some, so why not Golden Sun?
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • ScarScar Member Full Members
    edited July 2013
    Let's see...

Lil Mac - Was an assist trophy, but now he needs to be a character.

Vyse - Twin blade action. Got the Sega and GC ties. Plus Nintendo loves to throw smaller marketed game characters into the Smash series. Vyse works on all accounts.

Knuckles - Sonic had his turn...

Waluigi - Might as well right?

Toad - Been missing from these games for too long!

Geno - Would be a nice homage if he showed up.

Booster - Him too. lord knows the Smash series needs more bad guys representing.

Cackletta - Her too. Baddies unite!

Cranky Kong - Could be a comical character.

Tingle -Speaking of comic relief...

Tom Nook - Bad guy love!

Bomberman - Who doesn't think this would be a great combination!

Alucard - Or any Castlevania character for that matter.

~

That's my list.
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2013
    My biggest wish was to see Mega Man in Smash Bros., but that has been granted, so I may as well move on to other wishes.

The next biggest, though, is to see some Fire Emblem representation other than a pair of sword-wielding Lords.

Caeda would be good, simply because I'd love to see a Pegasus Knight in Smash Bros., and she is far and away the most iconic one (and really useful in Shadow Dragon with her Wing Spear and all the recruiting she can do). Pegasi can fly, which means they work as a cavalry unit that can plausibly work within the complex terrain of the Smash Bros. series. It just seems like it would be a lot of fun... Elincia would also work well as an alternate to Caeda.

I'd like to see one of the dragons/laguz from the series, such as Tiki or even Medeus, the Dragon of Darkness himself. Transforming between human form and dragon form might be an interesting mechanic, and both are really important characters to the series.

The strategist from FE:A also seems like a great choice, particularly if he/she has some customizability. Either way, adding some magic to the mix would be great to see. Micaiah would also be a good pick for a mage character.

I'd also like to see some Dragon Quest and Castlevania representation in there somewhere. Now that Mega Man has joined the fray, they just need those two series to round the some of the most iconic NES franchises (not to mention all the SNES, GBA, and DS games in those series).
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited July 2013
    I know people complain about there being too many swordsmen in Smash Bros, but I'd love to see Shulk from Xenoblade. Maybe for some originality, they could use Fiora instead.

Devil Survivor's protagonist would be unique and very awesome.

This one may be more unlikely, but I'd love to see Neku Sakuraba from The World Ends With You playable.

I also want to see "Masked Marth" somehow incorporated, maybe as an alternate costume for Marth
    complete with being voiced by Laura Bailey. I don't know how spoilerific they would want to go with her, though

Otherwise, I'll second some previous suggestions: Lloyd, Fawful, FE:A's Avatar, and Tiki.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited July 2013
    Strawberry, I'm hoping they replace Marth completely for Lucina and add in the Avatar for the 3DS version. Setting the Down+B to switch between Tome and Sword, imagine the movesets...
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited July 2013
    While I would like that, replacing Marth doesn't seem likely. He's the Fire Emblem series' first Lord and is quite popular. It would be like replacing Pikachu with one of the newer Electric type rodents.
    Bravely second...

edited July 2013
    Olimar is back.
    edited August 2013
    Luigi is in the game as well!
    edited September 2013
    Peach has been confirmed as well.
    edited September 2013
    Toon Link has returned!
    edited September 2013
    I HATE clone characters...and especially Toon Link. Faster and just as strong as regular Link = OP.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited October 2013
    Here's a non-clone returning from Brawl~

Sonic has dashed his way back onto the Smash rosters. Hurrah~
    edited November 2013
    Tiara wearing Marth rejoins the cast.

As if his spot was ever in doubt.
    edited November 2013
    I hope he at least has an alternate outfit so he looks like the Marth from Awakening.
    edited November 2013
    Complete with a different English-speaking voice actor for the alternate outfit.
    Bravely second...

edited November 2013
    Complete with a different English-speaking voice actor for the alternate outfit.
    Agreed. I'd never fight as him without it then.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited November 2013
    Maybe instead of the Mii, we could import our Avatar from FE:A?
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor