If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Mythical Adventures

JCServantJCServant Certified PolygameistRPGamer Staff
edited September 2013 in Saving Throw Gaming
Mythical Adventures comes out today. Being part of the playtest, I've heard a bit of time with the system.

Mythical adventures for the Pathfinder game system gives the GM tools to allow the heroes to feel truly exceptional. While most fantasy pen and paper games are about heroes who rise up from humble origins to save the city or world, Mythical Adventures allows one to play those mythic style heroes, such as Hercules, who was born (or given) special gifts/powers...often destined from that moment on to be something great...something that would become a legend.

3rd edition had epic rules that also allowed one to reach near demigod status. However, those rules really only started to kick in after 20th level. The tools in Mythical adventures can be utilized at any point in the character's career, even at level 1. After all, Hercules was always strong, but started off inexperienced.

I'll have a better review after I've played with it a bit (I plan to use the rules in my Pirate campaign), but thus far, I see a lot of potential here. I'm excited to give this a whirl! As with most Paizo products, this will work pretty much as written in a 3.5 game, as well. You can find out more details about the system at http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lduw?Mythic-Adventures and see the product at http://paizo.com/products/btpy8x8c .
Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!

Comments

• JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2013
    It's taken a few sessions to work this into my party...but my level 8-9 Skulls & Shackles group has just received their first Mythical Tier. We'll see how quickly the power goes to their head, ROFL. I'll keep you all posted. Pretty exciting stuff.
    Co-Host on RPGBacktrack. Follow me on Twitter and sub to my blog if you would like!