If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Dragon Fantasy Book II Gets a September Date

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
edited August 2013 in Latest Updates
The second part of the Dragon Fantasy series will be available on North American PS3s and Vitas next month. European ones will have to wait a bit longer, but can be rest assured they haven't been forgotten.

[ Story ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2013
    Fun fact: PEGI actually takes longer than ESRB. I didn't know that was possible.
  • RyumoauRyumoau Member Full Members
    edited August 2013
    Hopefully they have fixed the gameplay issues i had with the first game, namely the terrible hit rate. I also heard random encounters were replaced with visible enemies, which is always a great thing.
    "To die without leaving a corpse....that is the way of the Garo"
    PSN id: Ryumoau
    edited August 2013
    The hit rate was increased in the first patch (within about 3 weeks if memory serves), and yeah the second game has enemies visible on screen a la Chrono Trigger.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited August 2013
    What is the preferred platform for these games? I've got a PS3 and an Android tablet, not sure which to go for.
    edited August 2013
    Right now it's only releasing on PS3 and Vita, so I'd say one of those ;)
    edited August 2013
    Is it? I see Dragon Fantasy on the Google Play store and it looks like the same game. I figured the PS3/Vita version was just a port. Is that just Dragon Fantasy Book 1 that is ported or are they different games? I'm trying to figure out whether the Android version for $8 is worth getting over what appears to be episodic release of the same game for $10 a pop on the PS3/Vita.

And if I do go the Sony route, is there a preference of the PS3 vs Vita? Is it cross-buy? I don't really know much about Sony's marketplace.
    edited August 2013
    Book I, Chapters 1-2-3, on Android & iOS is the original release; Book I on the PSN is both the original release and the 16-bit upgrade to music and graphics (same game, playable two ways, depending which style you prefer). Book II is roughly Chapters 4-5-7, and is 16/32 bit, and will available on PS3/Vita to start with no ETA on the other platforms. It's cross-buy and cross-save on PSN, so you buy it once and get it for both systems and can swap saves back and forth between the two.
    edited August 2013
    Oh cool. Thanks for the info. Sounds like the PSN release is the way to go then.
    edited August 2013
    You're welcome :)