If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Depths Below A Realm Reborn

QuinQuin これはメタですRPGamer Staff
edited August 2013 in Latest Updates
While there are many scary things that lie within, I'm most worried about aggressive halitosis. Does anyone know if you can get some sort of toothpaste for that Malboro infestation?

[NEWS]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Comments

• scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited August 2013
    Yeah alright so I might try this out when it releases. But I'd like to know how it all works in terms of, do I need to re-buy the game? (I bought for 9.99 a couple of months before it went offline, I also only played it for a month so I cancelled before it went offline)

If I don't have to re-buy the game, do I still get a free month, or I just re-sub like any other mmo that someone re-visits?
  • QuinQuin これはメタです RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2013
    scorpio_7 said:
    Yeah alright so I might try this out when it releases. But I'd like to know how it all works in terms of, do I need to re-buy the game? (I bought for 9.99 a couple of months before it went offline, I also only played it for a month so I cancelled before it went offline)

If I don't have to re-buy the game, do I still get a free month, or I just re-sub like any other mmo that someone re-visits?
    What you will have:
    FFXIV: ARR
    2 Weeks of free time (from August 27th, I think)

What you won't have:
    Early Access

At least, that's how I think it works out for v1.0 accounts that aren't Legacy status.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • NiknarNiknar Member Full Members
    edited August 2013
    Parts of Wanderers Palace reminded me of Tu'lia (Ru'Ann Gardens aka Sky) from FFXI and a couple of the shots of The Praetorium reminded me of Castle Zhavl, also from FFXI.....damn that nostalgia.....
  • MaudrenMaudren i can post! thanx paws! Full Members
    edited August 2013
    scorpio_7 said:
    Yeah alright so I might try this out when it releases.

did you try out the open beta? I only played like an hour or so, but I liked what I played. Ran really well on my 4 year old laptop too.
    sup?
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited August 2013
    Maudren said:
    did you try out the open beta? I only played like an hour or so, but I liked what I played. Ran really well on my 4 year old laptop too.
    I've been away from my laptop for a while on vacation, so I missed the beta. I've been harsh toward this "remake" but I figure I should give it a fair shot and make myself a summoner, I really want that carbuncle lol.
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited August 2013
    Niknar said:
    Parts of Wanderers Palace reminded me of Tu'lia (Ru'Ann Gardens aka Sky) from FFXI and a couple of the shots of The Praetorium reminded me of Castle Zhavl, also from FFXI.....damn that nostalgia.....
    I kidna agree. Many of those places and monsters were familiar to me but yet somewhat different in their own way
    scorpio_7 said:
    I've been away from my laptop for a while on vacation, so I missed the beta. I've been harsh toward this "remake" but I figure I should give it a fair shot and make myself a summoner, I really want that carbuncle lol.
    I did some internet research after seeing all those carbuncles in the open beta. It was most likely a discipline of magic called Arcanist which is the launching point for both Scholar and a true Summoner. Most of what was out there was from data mining so I'm not sure how this will work when retail launches on the 27th but all three classes have access to some sort of summoned pets with Summoner having the potential for the most and the other two can call a couple for support.

I would like to join you but I'm afraid I now have way too many bills to pay and not really enough time to play MMOs. I've considered going mage this time...specifically scholar but I need lots more RL money first...
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My VAPS Entry,
  • QuinQuin これはメタです RPGamer Staff
    edited August 2013
    Shadowcat said:
    I did some internet research after seeing all those carbuncles in the open beta. It was most likely a discipline of magic called Arcanist which is the launching point for both Scholar and a true Summoner. Most of what was out there was from data mining so I'm not sure how this will work when retail launches on the 27th but all three classes have access to some sort of summoned pets with Summoner having the potential for the most and the other two can call a couple for support.
    The Arcanist is the base class, it gets two Summon spells before level 20, Emerald Carbuncle, a damage pet, and Topaz Carbuncle, a tank pet. Summoner and Scholar, like the other jobs, are basically equippable Souls that complement the class they're equipped to. So, the level of your Arcanist is equal to both your level in Summoner and Scholar, provided you've unlocked both (I don't know if the SMN and SCH quests are mutally exclusive).
    Summoners get pet-sized Primals called Egis, Scholars get Fairies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]