If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    I'm currently waiting for a PC copy to be mailed to me. However even the SE store is outta stock (though they did open buying of the PC version). So since it's pointless to buy two PS3 versions (till I get the other one back) better I pick up one of each,

So currently have a character on my wife's account named Cheira Airdancer, currently a Lancer
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    edited September 2013
    Broke down and bought another PS3 copy so I can get an account going
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

• kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    Np, I was just logging in when nobody was on. Thought I'd try earlier tonight, and managed to get in.
    edited September 2013
    And Leviathan is closed for new characters at this time.

According to account management they will be offering a world transfer service later. So I might have to use that to transfer, and it starts mid sep

Edit 2: It's open and I'm making a blah character till I can make an actual character to hold the server

Edit 3: Okay actual character is Cheria Creme (her hair makes me think of like Strawberry creme)
    sig.gif

edited September 2013
    Should we have a thread for sharing crafting materials? As a blacksmith, I have tons of tools for various crafting classes that I've built just to check them off my list.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited September 2013
    We don't have a ton of conversation going in here, so any crafting discussion should be able to take place here for now. If that changes, we can expand out.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited September 2013
    When we get a chance of when I'm on and some one who can invite is on I'd like to get one for Cheria Creme. I'm trying to make a second character but servers locked again. Her name will be Laura Deadeye when I can make her though

Edit 1: Was able to make her now that it's super late at night

Edit 2: Was able to make an Arcanist as well named Alara Lightcaller. That way I can experience each cities story independently.
    sig.gif

edited September 2013
    It might be easier if when you get on that you look for some of the members here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9232379236109518391/member/
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited September 2013
    Macstorm wrote: »
    It might be easier if when you get on that you look for some of the members here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9232379236109518391/member/

Chicken got me earlier and I can mess with my other characters from DarkEiraStars account
    sig.gif

• JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    Has anyone had the game client crash and lock-up their whole PC? This happened to me twice, once during character creation and once during the opening cutscene. I can't alt-tab or bring up task manager. I played 1.0 and beta without any such issues. I have no idea what's causing this.
    edited September 2013
    I have mostly been playing on PS3, but from what little I have played on PC I've not had it crash.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited September 2013
    Jormungand wrote: »
    Has anyone had the game client crash and lock-up their whole PC? This happened to me twice, once during character creation and once during the opening cutscene. I can't alt-tab or bring up task manager. I played 1.0 and beta without any such issues. I have no idea what's causing this.

Hasn't happened to me even once. One of the high level bosses will occasionally become invisible and therefore untargetable, something that seems to happen to a small number of players. Might need to update GFX drivers, but considering this is the only technical issue I've ever experienced with the game it seems like something thats wrong on SE's side. I have heard from PS3 players that FATE parties can be frustrating at times trying to render 30+ players moving and fighting hordes of enemies all at once.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    Drivers are up to date, and no major changes were made to the PC since playing ARR beta. The audio grinds to a halt and the whole system freezes. Have to do a cold shutdown.
    edited September 2013
    Drivers are up to date, and no major changes were made to the PC since playing ARR beta. The audio grinds to a halt and the whole system freezes. Have to do a cold shutdown.

Could be a part on your system going bad.
    sig.gif

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited September 2013
    Managed to buy the game the other day, and am now currently updating the launcher. Since it's only the standard, I'm still on the server I was at before, Ultros. But I heard that server transfers will be available soon, so depending on where my friend wants to transfer to, I may be on a server with you all (and even if I'm not, I'll make another character behind his back).
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited September 2013

I've had some crashes. I did some searching and found other people with the same problem. All of them were using i7 processors. When I started, I was getting 2-3 crashes per a 4-5 hour play session.

I've done a handful of things, and managed to get it to where I've had 1 crash over the last 12 hours. One was turning off Speedstep in the Bios. The other was upgrading to ATI Catalyst beta 10. The last, I downgraded it to 1600x900 full screen, and I've set it to Midgrade Desktop then turned antialiasing on to create a custom quality level. After doing all these, it still gets the screen where it would have normally crashed, but it recovers from it about 4/5ths of the times I get that screen.

I have no idea what exactly improved the crashing. I'm going to try reversing the quality settings back to Laptop Highgrade soon and see if my crashes go up. When I first played, I was doing 1920x1200 on high-laptop, and the FPS was pretty decent. I've watched the GPU temperature when it's in these high modes, and the activity on the GPU is only around 60% and the temperature is about 75 degrees, which is significantly below where it is for other games. I'm thinking it has to be something with the CPU. When I was doing Bitcoin Mining, my GPU would sit for months on end at 100% and 80 degrees with no problems.

I'm debating picking the game up for PS3 instead, then just playing it that way until the PS4 version comes out. Which is funny, because the PC I have here was purchased 3 years ago for $2000 with the specific intent of playing FF14 on it.
    edited September 2013
    My PC version came in and I have found out that with registering both a PS3 and a PC version on the same account I got 2 30 day free trial subs. :D 60 days of game time goodness.
    sig.gif

• DarkEiraStarDarkEiraStar Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    Leviathan is so full right now I can't get in. There isn't even a queue right now, it just says "Try again Later"
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2013
    Quin-SMNAF.png

Today was a good day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    edited September 2013
    Congrats...on the smallshell! That's what you mean, right? :P
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited September 2013
    Got a favor to ask, could some one make a who's who on this list? That way we might be better equipped of remembering who is who <.< . Oh and Arovyn Terovyn is a real life friend of Eira and I
    sig.gif

• ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited September 2013
    Ask and you shall receive. Though I don't think I know everybody, so those that do feel free to edit this.

Res Arcana list of true identities:

Ailbhe Mccae - Quin's friend
    Aira Linnari - TwinBahamut
    Alexia Ertherian - DarkEiraStar
    Araina Storm - Macstorm
    Arovyn Tiravyn - The AnimeMan's friend
    Baktosh Redclaw - kazriko
    Cheria Creme - TheAnimeMan
    Doctor Milkweed - ChickenGod
    Eira Darkstar / Lexi Hartford - DarkEiraStar
    Emanuel Horne - Quin's Friend
    Felin Nitty - Paws
    Gares Black - Jmustang
    Lia Talis - Quin's Housemate
    Lucas Brandtir - TwinBahamut's brother
    Mystiana Rulean - Firemyst
    Nubuo Nublet - sabin1001
    Quin Reishiki - Quin
    Scrawn'e Anklebit'rh - Quin's friend
    Searing Maelstrom - Quin's friend
    Sevirain Kristinger - Severin Mira
    Stom Thryllascen - @DHStom (twitter)
    Tenmei Moonstrider - @Xlash (twitter)
    Tierna Forswithe - @pyrandes (twitter)
    Wheels Askian - Wheels
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
    edited September 2013
    Lexi Hartford is DarkEiraStar also
    sig.gif

edited September 2013
    I edited a couple additional ones that I knew.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited September 2013
    Alexia Ertherian is also DarkEiraStar
    sig.gif

• lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited September 2013
    I still haven't seen the game in stores, so I haven't been able to buy it yet. (for the PC that is, the PS3 version is kicking around)
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2013
    Quin-SCHAF.png

SCH AF complete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
    edited September 2013
    Very cool looking, Quin.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited September 2013
    good news everybody! I got the game tonight and my computer will hopefully be fixed this weekend! Maybe I might see you guys soon-ish!
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
    edited September 2013
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/000494.html

OMG WE GETTING HOUSING.

By the way Quin Congrats .... and you have no life
    sig.gif