If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    I'm guessing I've reached the end of the free period, as I'm done for the night. I'll try in the morning just in case. That said, I ended up at level 41 on Ninja. Duty Roulette was great for speeding things along, as FATE grinding alone would have killed me this time. Debating doing a month sub soon to finish up my run to 50 to get my AF on Ninja. Then I'll decide which of the three jobs I want to suffer through 2.1+ with.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    I can say this and be proud.

DIE NIDHOGG! I finally beat Final Steps of Faith!

It took me 3 tries with idiot randoms, one with some tired friends that were so tired they were not doing things right, and finally today. I called in some friends from a LS I'm in, Yelta called in some folks from her FC and we murdered it. I'm finally done with last update's missions ^^.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    Should be having news on 4.0 coming pretty soon and the most speculated rumored jobs are samurai and red mage. Haven't heard much about the third one though.
    Samurai! Gimme gimme gimme.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    You said that about dark knight. What level dark knight are you now?
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    7thCircle wrote: »
    You said that about dark knight. What level dark knight are you now?

That's because they gated Dark Knight. I figure that will happen again, but one can only hope.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Too bad October and November are the absolute worst months for me to have free time for games. I'm considering subscribing just to do All Saint's Wake and gear up a little, but I'm unlikely to have time to make much meaningful progress.
  • TheDoomhammerTheDoomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    come get spooked
    Naaaaah, I can't. I have to work from home some this weekend and if I sub I'll get hooked and won't get my work done. I have no self control. And our November release date changed, making it likely I'll need to work an extra weekend in November that I wasn't expecting to.

I was seriously considering it until Friday afternoon, though! This winter should be slow at work and I'll come back some time then. Hopefully 3.5 will coincide with a lull at work.
    7thCircle wrote: »
    Naaaaah, I can't. I have to work from home some this weekend and if I sub I'll get hooked and won't get my work done. I have no self control. And our November release date changed, making it likely I'll need to work an extra weekend in November that I wasn't expecting to.

I was seriously considering it until Friday afternoon, though! This winter should be slow at work and I'll come back some time then. Hopefully 3.5 will coincide with a lull at work.

Come back with me in Dec after FFXV.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    December is going to be slow at work, and I've already told my boss I wanted it to be a comp time month. For where I am in the game, though, it would make more sense to wait for 3.5 by that point. We'll see.
    Lh9obml.png

An ancient prophecy finally comes to pass.

Next they'll tell us the add-on system is finally done.
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    ^

1. Chocobo out while queueing in DF
    2. Grand Company restrictions removed for Frontlines
    3. SMN Egi to Carbuncle Glamour

SE opened the floodgates on supplying the community with features that have been begged for practically since 2.0.
    Stormblood is set for june 20th, red mage is confirmed, and the new 24 man raid will be.. uh...

m2WzSag.jpg

Matsuno is writing the script for it, even.

guess its about time we started hopping dimensions ha.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    I'm screaming so loud right now. I'm hoping this eventually leads to bangaa being playable (but it won't, because we're not that lucky), or at least more Ivalice in general being used due to how big and expansive that world is. Also I may have a new main in Red Mage, after watching that DPS showcase.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    Also I may have a new main in Red Mage, after watching that DPS showcase.

FORWARD AND BACK.

I'm sorry Cruise Chaser, I didn't know you were just trying to warn us about the coming flood of red mages that will muck up dps queues forever!
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    I'm definitely not looking forward to returning to Ivalice (always felt it was too depressing a world ever since my introduction to it in the original FFT), but I do look forward to seeing Red Mages become the new dragoon, dying from careless backflips or forward sword thrusts into AOEs. I can hear the cries now of "but my rotation supercedes fight mechanics."
  • Seifer267Seifer267 Full Members
    edited January 2017
    I'm definitely not looking forward to returning to Ivalice (always felt it was too depressing a world ever since my introduction to it in the original FFT), but I do look forward to seeing Red Mages become the new dragoon, dying from careless backflips or forward sword thrusts into AOEs. I can hear the cries now of "but my rotation supercedes fight mechanics."

Waaaaah? All the 24 man raids have been a blast so far. I'm totally excited for the new one.

I do however agree that 100% Red Mage's are going to be dying left and right due to fight mechanic animation locks. Soooooo much fun haha.
    I'm back in the game, resubbed for a month. Excited to play more, even if it's not as often as I'd like!
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited January 2017
    Like I said on twitter I'm thinking of moving to the rpgamer server to check I'll with you guys. Mac, I'm just sorry you don't have enough time to make it to the Heavensward story. No joke, best final fantasy story ever since ff9 (or 10 if you think that's better). Heavensward is unreal.
    Patch trailer time!

Spoiler:
    That Nero, what a guy. He's always on the level.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    Any words on a free weekend coming up?
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
    Any words on a free weekend coming up?

They just had a 4 day free login for the whole month of December. For the last couple of years there have consistently been free login periods in March, June, September, and December. I suppose the next one will be in March and overlap with the Easter event.

I talked to my manager today and she said March-June is going to be busy at work. If I want to resub before 4.0 (and I do) it'll need to be soon. I'll probably resub after I finish FF15.
    Patch trailer time!

Spoiler:
    That Nero, what a guy. He's always on the level.

Drool.
    Almost to 48 on Ninja, which is good considering how little I've been able to play so far. Finally did Darkhold, though I could have swore I'd already done it. Nothing was familiar. Which sub 50 dungeon is a castle? Cutter's?
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Alex FullerAlex Fuller Managing Editor RPGamer Staff
    Think Stone Vigil's the one you're referring to there
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    Ah yes. Months (years) of not doing this content gets confusing.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    I want to say you're close to Heavensward.... but now the true grind begins lol.
    How do you like ninja so far? The mudras reallllly throw me off. I'm so used to Dragoon and Monk rotations that Ninja didn't click for me.
    After getting to 50 with WAR and PLD, NIN has been fun, but confusing at times. Takes a while to adjust to mudras, but I really dig them. Haven't spent much time with other DPS jobs.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Almost to 48 on Ninja, which is good considering how little I've been able to play so far. Finally did Darkhold, though I could have swore I'd already done it. Nothing was familiar. Which sub 50 dungeon is a castle? Cutter's?

If you're running dungeons by choice or for fun (not a roulette, I mean), then I'll give a piece of advice: don't do Aurum Vale. It's STILL rough. All the other dungeons are cakewalks. If I remember right you didn't do AK or WP during 2.0. They've been nerfed and they're easy now.