If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• Seifer267Seifer267 Full Members
    Macstorm wrote: »
    Thanks to my new gear from Gibetto Inc, I feel like a beast in combat. It's nice. Also got around to fighting King Mog last night and was using remote play on Vita. Seifer was right, these are quick and easy now since people know what to do. The queue was even short, so hurray!

People love fighting King Moggle Mog lol. Just don't even worry. The game won't be hard enough where you just can't do something until you get to extreme stuff.... and maybe Titan lol. People just can't seem to do titan haha.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    I really hope I just have to do the HM stuff and none of the Extreme primals. At least not unless I WANT to.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    Extreme Primals are extremely optional. I still haven't gotten around to doing most of them.
    I didn't think I'd seen anywhere that said they were required. Glad of that. Hope the rest of the HM fights go as smoothly as this one did.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    My pics from yesterday didn't turn out great, but here's one anyway:

2qzPYLq.png
    C2gD4sQWIAAxNYY.jpg
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    Is the elephant in the room that all the endgame weapons are ugly? The shire, POTD, Zurvan, and (most) anima weapons are bland or unappealing. Glamours are great and all, but sometimes I want to work hard for a powerful weapon and not have it look like something that should be holding up a lean-to.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
    Pics please.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    7thCircle wrote: »
    Is the elephant in the room that all the endgame weapons are ugly? The shire, POTD, Zurvan, and (most) anima weapons are bland or unappealing. Glamours are great and all, but sometimes I want to work hard for a powerful weapon and not have it look like something that should be holding up a lean-to.
    I have to admit it has felt like that for a while in FFXIV. Last weapon I really loved were the finished Zeta weapons from Realm Reborn. The MNK's were essentially claws that looked like they were from Ifrit himself. Only weapons I've really loved so far in Heavensward have been from the GARO event recently added.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited February 14
    The PotD weapons aren't awful so much as they glow red and have nothing else interesting going on. It's an ilvl 255 weapon you can get in a couple days, so I'm not complaining too hard about it. I just see these weapons the most and don't like how we're all running around wielding a giant red Christmas light somewhat shaped like a weapon.

YGN9Xf5.png

On almost the total other side of the spectrum are the level 260 shire weapons. You have to beat the final Alex fight every week for two months to get only one shire weapon, and they're so dull it's hard to distinguish the white mage staff from my coat.

2Yd8FIr.png

I spent 8 hours in and out of party finder groups to beat Zurvan Ex, the hardest fight in the game excluding the hardcore raid, and all I got was a piece of metal with a jagged head. Worst Valentine's Day ever.

vwzhnY6.png

But the worst offender is the anima weapon. I completed every phase before any were nerfed, including absolutely ludicrous lore and Alex 1-4 grinds. The end result is something Gerolt found in the back of a farmer's shed that's supposed to look cool because it shows off the glowing, white anima, a living spirit trapped inside this piece of crap for all eternity. If you think this looks remotely impressive, you need to check out the ARR relic weapons.

MK9GCAE.png
    And while I'm posting screens, this happened today, and it got pulled at the exact time I took the screen. This is now one of my favorite screenshots.

6OrNZSb.png

And no matter how many times I try to lie in JRPGS, they refuse to let me. The Time Goddess would be pleased.

hawMEI6.png
    If you think this looks remotely impressive, you need to check out the ARR relic weapons.
    I'll give an example of one. B_8mPzpUQAABLBj.jpg:large
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    Seems like we'll also be going to Doma this expansion, I wonder how that will work.

Also samurai is DPS, but robe samurai = best samurai so that's cool.
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    I recall saying long ago that I thought it would be interesting if SE would give us both Ala Mhigo AND Doma in a single expansion, but it was dismissed by others saying that would be too much for a single expansion. After seeing the new full trailer... I am so excited to see my wish fulfilled!
    Seems like we'll also be going to Doma this expansion, I wonder how that will work.

We'll swim there! I wondered why swimming was added in Stormblood. Now we know.
    Doma! And I saw Yugiri in the trailer, so yes! Love Yugiri.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members

Can't wait for those hour plus waits for those with dps characters
  • Seifer267Seifer267 Full Members

Can't wait for those hour plus waits for those with dps characters

God bless you DPS. God bless you all for your toils.
    New patch out, immediately went and bought the play dead emote from the cash shop even though I'm not even subbed right now.
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    When the patch launched, I perused the cash shop and found the two new emotes. I was dumbfounded. After accustoming myself to seeing mounts, seasonal items, and unique attire, I did a doubletake upon seeing emotes in the cash shop. It was probably an inevitability, but it's still a shock nonetheless. That said, the backflip looks meh, but that play dead emote... Ha!
    The thought of a backflipping lala white mage amuses me. But the play dead emote that looks like dead children is funny in a way too.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    I'll scream this to the heavens.

I FINALLY GOT THE LATEST STAGE OF MY ANIMA WEAPON DONE. Cane of the White Tzar get!

Here's to hoping the rest of the steps to finish it won't take me months to get done. I'd like to get'er done before the expansion, plz. ^^
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    edited March 17
    Congratulations!

Not knowing anything about how or how often you play FF14, I'd guess if it took you a long time to finish the Cane of the White Tzar, it's going to take you months to get the complete anima weapon (which isn't the last step). It's a shorter step, but you only make progress when playing as a white mage in Heavensward content, and the progress moves very slowly unless you're intentionally grinding it. If it took you a long time to gather the tomes for the prior step, you aren't naturally playing FF14 in such a way that the "complete" step will move quickly.

But on the bright side, the Cane of the White Tzar looks much better than the complete anima weapon!
    Congratulations!

Not knowing anything about how or how often you play FF14, I'd guess if it took you a long time to finish the Cane of the White Tzar, it's going to take you months to get the complete anima weapon (which isn't the last step). It's a shorter step, but you only make progress when playing as a white mage in Heavensward content, and the progress moves very slowly unless you're intentionally grinding it. If it took you a long time to gather the tomes for the prior step, you aren't naturally playing FF14 in such a way that the "complete" step will move quickly.

But on the bright side, the Cane of the White Tzar looks much better than the complete anima weapon!
    Farm A1S. If it's a window, you get maximum light bonus. If it's not, you'll get the 2nd highest amount. With good players, you'll be skipping most of the fight and can ignore mechanics, and the helper will come out constantly at around 5-15% HP. Meaning it's a pretty easy burn. Just be careful you don't push TOO hard, you don't want to kill the first one before the 2nd comes out.
    I was guessing that if she didn't get the Cane of the White Tzar until now, and it look a long time, then she was probably not willing to grind dungeons/ARF hard for tomes and is not going to grind A1S hard either. Also, the A1S grind is not as fast as a healer since PF groups want more DPS. I ended up finding it faster to just use DF when I wanted to A1S grind, but it was boring and I ended up killing a few birds with one stone by running Void Ark when it was in bonus for a lot of my light.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited March 19
    I did it mostly doing roulettes/tombstones, tho at the last, I was buying materia to finish it. Just so you know, I try not to go too hard in this game; I'm half casual. (I try to do that every day, and I do casual raids once a week. So I prolly will be doing Void Ark.) Also I admit I took a few months off when I had a load of video games to play; trying not to do that now.

I'll look into that too when I get there. I have NOT done any savage on it though, ever. And since I do Void Ark anyway, that prolly won't be a big deal.
    My personal page
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    I started playing again. Abel Maxwell is my dood, but I made a couple new characters and am playing around with the idea of just going with new characters. Main reasons:

-I want a cat lady red mage. It must be done.
    -The Au Ra guy looks cool. He's a marauder right now because I know how to use the class even if I suck at using him with a keyboard.

Abel is still going to be my go-to for pretty much everything else. Au Ra guy will probably be streamed more, when I get my streaming set up to not suck. Abel is crafty and my dragoon. He'll probably transition into samurai unless dragoon armour looks bad Moo next expansion.

How do you send mail to yourself? Or is it not possible? I figure I can make new gear HQ easily enough, so I could just keep outfitting my dudes.

So, TL;DR: Need to level cat lady (Medea K'tee), streaming some Boggy Jim the Au Ra, main story and stuff with Abel.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
    I got though that last stage pretty darned fast.

I now have a Sharpened Cane of the White Tzar, and working on pneumite. Not sure when I need to start gathering light.

The plan for the light is PVP, 60/expert roulette, and Void Ark. A1S if I can unlock it and find a group. I figure that should get it going pretty fast I hope.
    My personal page
    edited April 3
    Meanwhile, in wrestling...

X78fxqT.jpg

A Pity they didn't get Triple H to come out in an Imperial Legatus costume, he'd be totally into it as long as you didn't tell him where it came from.
    edited May 15
    Whew. After all the light grinding..and believe me, that was a month long grind..

sindri.jpg

SINDRI GET. It's pretty but I can understand if other weapons look more impressive. Oh and a correction; the spirit isn't trapped in there. See that minion? It can inhabit that too.

Anyway I'm almost done with the last stage. Just waiting on some folks from a LS I'm in so we can smash though the last three primals; it's the warring triad btw. I've never done that so I'd rather have at least one friend that can explain mechs if I don't know. ^^

[EDIT] Thank you Hellz Taki for walking me though those primals!

sindrilux.jpg

I'm glad I was able to get this done before the maint. Weap is not impressive but I'm sure this'll last me quite a while next month. ^^
    My personal page