If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - RPGamer Community

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited September 2013
    Might as well show off my character using Lodestone. Being ranged DPS in this game is incredibly boring in dungeons when you're not in a boss fight...except in the Sunken Temple, where you have to keep on your toes due to 'puzzle enemies' and enemies that 1-shot you if you don't kill them fast enough.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited October 2013
    Haven't been palying as much lately just been really tired and busy with work. However good thing is that almost hit 29 so hopefully this weekend I hit 30 with Pugilist although I need to pick up lancer so I can get Monk.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited October 2013
    I've had the same problem, but that's OK. Easy enough to pick up and play this game without too much headache.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2013
    I've not been playing since the game runs so nicely on my desktop and I haven't been able to sit at my desk. Hoping to pick it back up next week~
    edited October 2013
    So I ended up pretty much soling a couple of Fates yesterday in the area I'm at. Seems everyone and there Mother is in South Shroud doing Fates and nobody seems to be going to many of the other area's to do them.
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

edited October 2013
    So I ended up pretty much soling a couple of Fates yesterday in the area I'm at. Seems everyone and there Mother is in South Shroud doing Fates and nobody seems to be going to many of the other area's to do them.
    That's the case in the 40s. Everyone's in the big areas and smaller areas like Eastern Thanalan are completely empty. There were constant level 40-42 FATEs going on there and NO ONE doing them. Would be great for a small FATE party.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited October 2013
    Macstorm wrote: »
    That's the case in the 40s. Everyone's in the big areas and smaller areas like Eastern Thanalan are completely empty. There were constant level 40-42 FATEs going on there and NO ONE doing them. Would be great for a small FATE party.
    I have a bit of a hatred going for the FATE parties, mostly because they tend to zerg rush any event, making most of them near impossible to get credit for unless you're in one of the parties. The only ones you're sure to get some credit for are the bosses and the item collecting ones.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
    edited October 2013
    I've never actually joined one, but those that swarm the Highlands seem to be crazy.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited October 2013
    Macstorm wrote: »
    I've never actually joined one, but those that swarm the Highlands seem to be crazy.
    They are Mac. There are at least 4 going at any time. Meaning 24 people, all rushing the exact same events. Good luck getting any credit unless you're in them. :/
  • kazrikokazriko Member Full Members
    edited October 2013
    I have a bit of a hatred going for the FATE parties, mostly because they tend to zerg rush any event, making most of them near impossible to get credit for unless you're in one of the parties. The only ones you're sure to get some credit for are the bosses and the item collecting ones.

I found ways of getting credit in those. I basically rush in and find the enemy spawn that people aren't paying attention to, then spam my fastest ranged skill, either Aero or Shield Lob in my case. I usually get silver or gold if I do that.

The item collecting ones... the zerg rushing works in your favor, as they draw the aggro of the monsters away, and you can run around getting the items off the ground.

Also, even if you're in a party, you don't all get the same compensation for the fate... I ran one duo with someone, and sometimes I was getting gold while he got silver, sometimes it was the other way around.
    edited October 2013
    Made 30 on Pug and now i have to work on Lancer for Monk :D
    sig.gif

edited October 2013
    Okay, I made a 3rd character in this game, just to see things from the Limsa Lominsa side. I can with certainty that it has the best opening of the 3 nations. Starting story so far I give to New Gridania, but I'm going to see if LL tops that story.
    edited October 2013
    Having just completed the starting quests for Limsa Lominsa, meaning to the first dungeon, I can say with certainty that Limsa Lominsa does in fact have the best story of the 3 starting regions, though New Gridania does come very close to it. Now that I've seen things from all 3 points of view, I can get back to working on my Bard and getting him to level 50 along with completing the main story.
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited October 2013
    Kayvee Enn = Seraphimkitten

I don't know that I've played a new MMO since WoW, it's a weird feeling to be in a large world and have no idea where anything is, what anything does, or the basics. Trying out archer and pugilist, then bard, I think. And hey, I can be a male cat-person. Everyone knows cat girls are creepy.
  • xocolatlxocolatl Member Full Members
    edited October 2013
    Question--I live in Thailand (SEA), and I want to play the game. Is there any legit server I can get into? I actually have a friend who has an NA account, but I would prefer to use my actual info (addresses and all--weird, I know!) to register, rather than some made-up zip code somewhere in NYC.
    1. If you use fake address, will that have some consequences down the line?
    2. If you have a non-NA account, can you still log into NA server?

Thanks.
    edited October 2013
    From what I've read, yes, you CAN still log into an NA server while not being NA. Likewise NA players can make characters on JP servers if they so desired.
    edited October 2013
    From what I've read, yes, you CAN still log into an NA server while not being NA. Likewise NA players can make characters on JP servers if they so desired.

That's good to hear. All that is left now is to find a way to make an account. Apparently SQE site does not have an "Other Country" option, and Thailand is not listed in Aus/NZ region..or Eu..or just about anywhere. Rats. Guess it's fake address all the way.

Ok..after an hour and a half, I give up.
    It took an hour to get my registration through (have to say that I live in the US), then got sent to EU server (apparently it does detect my IP), and the site says that I can't buy the game with US account. If SQE is so hell bent on not letting me give them money, then sure, I'll keep it. FU, SQE. I'm going back to play Resonance of Fate and LoL.

OK, wow, that was confusing. I finally got in. Here are the steps taken, thanks to my RL friend who guided me through. You will need your credit card, and 2 e-mail addresses.
    1. Go to http://na.square-enix.com and DO NOT make an account. Go to the shop, and buy the game. If you had foolishly made an account, it will not be accessible from here, hence you will need to make a new one to purchase the game anyway.
    2. When buying the game, go ahead and use any region/country. It doesn't matter--the site will send you to a different region anyway. You will need to register an e-mail address here. Your billing address does NOT have to match your actual billing address, and the site does not check for validity. Do NOT use the main account name or e-mail here. It will become inaccessible at later point for when you actually register the game.
    3. When you buy the game (if online copy), the membership code (throwaway) and serial number (use for the game) will be sent to you in about 20min.
    4. I went back to http://na.square-enix.com and logged in with the account that I used to buy the game (this account will not be given an account name. Your account name is gobbled up, and you will need to log in with e-mail address ONLY)
    5. On the top right corner, say click the console>Add game>enter your Membership Registration (AAAAAA-###-AAAAAA-###) here. It will be gobbled up, and nothing happens. Do not worry.
    6. Load up the game and say that you do NOT have an SQE account. Register a new one with your actual account name and e-mail #2. It will ask you to input your Product Serial Number here that you got from your e-mail. (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX)
    7. Grats, you are now ready to update the game and play in about 2 days (update takes forever and often glitches up).

ps. My Lalafel is now loose on Leviathan, named Porom Rosenkreuz. Wouldn't mind someone creating a matching Parom.
    edited October 2013
    Got to level 50 on Warrior. Ready to tackle some end of the story stuff and then end game, but also wanting to go back and level other jobs.

Araina Storm 10_11_2013 01_11_28.jpg
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2013
    I love how totally smexy all the AF is.
    edited October 2013
    As a reminder to all, the 15th will be the first day that free server transfers will be allowed. However you must be subscribed to the game (meaning not on free trial currently), must not be in a free company, nothing on market, etc. before they will allow you to do it.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited October 2013
    Wooooah, I hope none of you want to whip out the game genie, i can make a link if you guys are curious but THERE IS A BIG GAME BREAKING BUG IN XIV. Seems they haven't secured the client like they should of, that's why you've proly heard of people being banned with mad gil...

I hope this gets fixed without people having to tell the press. This also makes me glad I'm sticking with XI for a little while longer, XI never had a bug like that.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited October 2013
    Wooooah, I hope none of you want to whip out the game genie, i can make a link if you guys are curious but THERE IS A BIG GAME BREAKING BUG IN XIV. Seems they haven't secured the client like they should of, that's why you've proly heard of people being banned with mad gil...

I hope this gets fixed without people having to tell the press. This also makes me glad I'm sticking with XI for a little while longer, XI never had a bug like that.

Yeah, you'd probably have to make a link for that Mary. I've been playing way more than I should have, and I can't think of anything that qualifies. Nor can I find anything in a 10 minute google search. I know of some of the exploits against bosses and even how you could perform a few of them, but to my knowledge those have been addressed and the one that hasn't is currently being worked on. Botting the game is apparently pretty easy as well, and I've seen tons of teleporting gathering bots, so maybe thats what you mean? Perhaps some of the gold spammers that have stolen the accounts of level 50 players so that person can spam? Then again they may have paid for the service, you never know.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited October 2013
    yep that's what I mean. I'll pm you the link since sadly, that thread on bg might give people clues on how to do this..Be prepared, is nasty.

[Edit] Also if you find it, since this mess is in the wild, DON'T DO IT..they are banning for this hack that's blown the game wide, and I mean it, wide open~!
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    edited October 2013
    Can you tell me more about the transfer? Can you do it after that day? How many times can you do it, etc?
    edited October 2013
    You can transfer once for free within 7 days from the start of the service.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited October 2013
    Nifty. My main (just started) is with my RL friend on Brunhylde (sp?). But since he doesn't have a guild (and plays solo anyway), I'll see if I can get him to move.
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited October 2013
    I made a character. I'll try and message someone when I get on, but Pokemon and thanksgiving.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
    edited October 2013
    Oh that's right, it IS Thanksgiving in Canada, isn't it?
  • The DoomhammerThe Doomhammer Prod with the Prod Full Members
    edited October 2013
    Just bought this on a whim, cos I got such a great history with MMO's. Soon MAX SLIDER will ride again...

How is character customization anyway? Just looking at the website doesn't give me much of an idea of what's possible.

Edit: Oh cool my first quest is 'go pick up some illegal drugs and show them to a guard' so I think i'm gonna like this game. Coincidentally this is also an introductory quest in a The Wire MMO I'm planning to pitch.
    edited October 2013
    Sorry I missed out helping SK with Garuda. Dinner plans didn't turn out well.
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm