If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

More Play by Post action

JCServantJCServant Certified PolygameistRPGamer Staff
edited September 2013 in Saving Throw Gaming
Salutations!

Hope you all like my new Avatar? Look familiar? Inspired? LOL. All credit goes to this guy here. Awesome work.

Anyway, I may be starting a new Play by Post soon. Unfortunately, it will be on a different forum, as my Pathfinder-based system works best with an in-forum dice roller that Paizo currently offers.

I've been running a Council of Thieves successfully for nearly a year now (Spoilers on the link, but it shows how this works). It's been a lot of fun. My PBP is demanding, requiring three posts / weekday... 11a-2p, 3p-6p, 7p-8a EST. This keeps things moving quickly. As you can see from the link, I used a hybrid gaming system that's based on Pathfinder, but has a thick coat of JPRG approach in order to keep combat somewhat simplified and moving quickly.

I'm not sure what I'm going to run, just yet. I have adventure paths, or I may do a homebrew. I'd like to hear player's thoughts as well. If you're interested, contact me via email.

Phil

Comments

• TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited September 2013
    Wow. 3 posts per day? How do you actually enforce that? For the longest time I was happy to see one post every two days (despite my insistence).
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2013
    It's survival of the fittest, hahahaahah. I make the expectation *really* clear at the beginning (like I have done here). If one doesn't like it, they don't have to play. Yeah, it sounds mean, but thats how D&D works. (DM sets rules, dates of play/time, etc). Anyway, there's so many (on Paizo's boards, anyway) dying to play, that it's a great way to weed out some of the less...committed. :P The pay off for everyone is that it keeps things moving. Combat moves quickly, as the average fight takes only a day or two, instead of a week or more, to resolve. This means that we actually get through books, modules, etc (Whereas a lot die way before reaching the finish line).