If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Extra Life 2013

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited November 2013 in Latest Updates
This will be our official thread for Extra Life 2013!

[video=youtube;ObmmoUsC7JA]

The official announcment: http://rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2013/092713f.html

The PS Nation contest page with list of prizes: http://www.psnation.org/special/extra-life/extra-life-2013/

The RPGamer Twitch channel where we'll be streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/rpgamer

The PS Nation Twitch channel where they'll be streaming: http://www.twitch.tv/psnation

Things we need:
  • Suggestions of games to play on the stream.
  • Donations!
  • People to promote to their friends.

So here's a rough beginning to a schedule. Pipe in and make suggestions.

All times are CDT

Chris
8AM - 10AM - Panzer Dragoon Saga
10AM - 11AM - Shadowrun Returns
11AM - 1PM - Live RPGCast and Dark Souls
1PM - 3PM - Forza Horizon online
3PM - 5PM - Final Fantasy XIV
5PM - 7PM -Diablo 3 PC/PS3
7PM - 9PM - The Wolf Among Us
9PM - 11PM - Gran Turismo 5 online with PSNation
11PM - 1AM - Hex Alpha, Hearthstone, and other card games!
1AM - 2AM -Open
2AM - 2AM - The midnight hour! Persona 3: The Answer
3AM - 5AM - Fez/Gunpoint/Indie Fantasies
6AM - 8AM - Skylanders Giants

Anna Marie
8AM - 10AM - Clash of Heroes iPad
10AM - 11AM - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 2 iPad
11AM - 1PM - Live RPGCast / Pok

Comments

• lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxFull Members
    edited September 2013
    I was actually thinking of doing this this year. I'm hoping to maybe get some people from my school to join in, but if not I'll figure something out.

Game suggestions is a little vague, so I was wondering what systems you were looking to play and if you want to play newer or older games? Either way I think there should be an online RPGamer Pokemon X and Y super tournament! November 2nd would be great because Extra Life will give people a reason to be online and play. What do you guys think about that idea?
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2013
    One of the prizes RPGamer is giving away is a copy of Disgaea D2. :D Yay RPGs!

Also I love when people have suggestions of games they want to see/be played. I wish I had a means of streaming because I'd love to share some of the games I'll be playing through the event. I've even picked a few already! :)
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2013
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2013
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    stupid nyx, stealing my title of fundraising king.
    You donated to her!
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited October 2013
    So it looks like I may have more than one copy of Disgaea D2 to raffle off. If this is a game you want, be sure to donate at least $10 to qualify for the raffle to an RPGamer staff member and remember to help us get into the game by supporting local CMN Hospitals! :)
  • InstaTrentInstaTrent Opinionator RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2013
    A massive shout out to Cassandra Ramos (Strawberry Eggs) for her contribution to my campaign. :)
    "To tell you the truth, I like drinking tea and eating fresh vegetables, but that doesn't fit with my super-cool attitude. I guess I have to accept this about myself."
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited October 2013
    I will try again to stream along side extra life like I did last year, even though I only managed like 19 hours. I can never seam to stream for 24 hours
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited October 2013
    Ok, I've moved the schedule into the main post. Please give suggestions of more games you'd like to play and I'll make it happen!
  • noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2013
    i see no FFXIV in this list. for shame!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]105[/ATTACH]

Here's some of my Extra Life games I'll likely be playing though, and that's not even counting some of the digital games I might enjoy. Some of the digital games I'm thinking of playing are Pokeymans Y, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, Deus Ex: Human Revolution (On WiiUWiiUWiiU), Charlie Murder, Earthbound, lots of beat 'em ups -- I always play Streets of Rage and Golden Axe during Extra Life, though I have so many more new and shiny beat 'em ups that I may have to share the love! Also Ninja Turtles will be played as it is a tradition. :D

And since board games are allowed this year, I foresee some Cards Against Humanity. There is ALWAYS time for that game. I have lots of guests (including RPGamer's Ocelot!) coming to help keep us motivated throughout the day. In exchange, I will provide snacks and tea and love. <3
    edited October 2013
    aw, nyxy, i wish i lived near you for snacks, tea and love. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    noodle said:
    aw, nyxy, i wish i lived near you for snacks, tea and love. <3</div>
    I am always willing to share all of those things! Especially love! But I will also have the help of english bulldog puppy who will also be sharing love throughout the day. :D
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2013
    Here's how my schedule is beginning to shape up:

• Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2013
    i have no idea what i'm playing or when. but i have a litre and half of black blood of the earth ready to keep me moving.
  • InstaTrentInstaTrent Opinionator RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2013
    I'll be playing through all of the Resident Evil games. :3
    "To tell you the truth, I like drinking tea and eating fresh vegetables, but that doesn't fit with my super-cool attitude. I guess I have to accept this about myself."
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2013
    Nyx said:
    I am always willing to share all of those things! Especially love! But I will also have the help of english bulldog puppy who will also be sharing love throughout the day. :D
    Love, and stinky farts.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
    edited November 2013
    Ocelot said:
    Love, and stinky farts.
    It's part of his charm!
    edited November 2013
    Paws said:
    Here's how my schedule is beginning to shape up:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited November 2013
    That 2am to 5am time is rough. I just want to say that Noodle totally earned her golden star sticker for the day.
    edited November 2013
    thanks seraphim! couldn't have done it without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2013
    Huge huge thank you to everyone who donated to the RPGamer team :)