If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Editorial - Dreamworld

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited October 2013 in Latest Updates
Sometimes video games have the power to teach us coping mechanisms. Sometimes they even remind us how harsh reality can truly be.

May contain feels.

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs The Bemused Administrators
    edited October 2013
    Thank you for sharing your story, Nyx. I was very moved by it. :)

All sorts of media can help people through tough times. Just because people don't typically think of video games as being something that can help people cope with difficult times doesn't mean they can't be as effective as books, music or movies. As long as it contains those elements of verisimilitude.
    Reincarnation, realization
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops Member HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited October 2013
    I usually avoid dad death stuff because my dad died when I was 13 and I still don't like that it happened. Most games don't really hit the heart strings when bringing up loss and death, but every now and then one hits and it hurts. Usually the death itself isn't as bad as the people dealing with it later. Persona 3 did a good job of making me feel like crap. So did Persona 4 for that matter. When the story resolves itself and there's growth there it makes the game more rewarding in the end.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me