If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

The Pokemon trainer's club (6th gen edition)

Comments

• lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited November 2014
    I have an exeggcute in Y so that's perfect! :D If you would be so kind, I would love to have it! And if you're there already, do you have a female Eevee with the hidden ability? I have a regular female, but it would be nice to at least see the hidden -eons.

Just talk to me on skype whenever you get the chance to trade! I'll be around playing the pokemons for a while.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • CadianCadian oh god who are you people Back and forth between New York and VermontFull Members
    edited November 2014
    lolwhoops wrote: »
    Which is the best Eevee evolution?

If I had to rank the Eeveelutions:

High Tier: Vaporeon (great bulk and support movepool), Sylveon (Pixilate all day erry day)

Mid Tier: Espeon (good all-around Psychic-type), Umbreon (great defensive stats), Jolteon (fastest of the bunch)

Low Tier: Leafeon, Glaceon (it's not that they're bad, it's that they're outclassed by a ton of other Grass- and Ice-types.)

Crap Tier: Flareon

Also, apparently Move Tutors return in ORAS, so make sure to teach Hyper Voice to your Pixilate Sylveons and Mega Gardevoirs, and Stealth Rock to everything you have.

EDIT: Alright, so I was breeding for a Larvesta and did some Wonder Trades while I was waiting, and boy did I luck out - a female(!) Timid Charmander with Dragon Pulse and a male Quiet Eevee with Yawn, Wish, and Curse. Both have perfect IV's in everything except Attack.

I plan to trade the Charmander to ORAS so I can get a rad new Mega Charizard Y (since I have X and therefore can't get Charizardite Y). The Eevee, on the other hand, I'm not sure what to do with. If it had its Hidden Ability, I'd make it a Sylveon (Wish, Protect, Yawn/Heal Bell, Hyper Voice) or Espeon (Reflect, Light Screen, Yawn, Psychic) in a heartbeat, but nope, Adaptablility. I don't want to pass up using an Eevee with five perfect IV's and two egg moves (I don't care about Curse), I already have a Vaporeon, Leafeon and Flareon are both physical attackers, and a Quiet nature (buffs Special Attack, nerfs Speed) isn't great for Jolteon, so that leaves Glaceon and Umbreon.

If I make it an Umbreon, it won't benefit from the Quiet nature, but I can teach it Foul Play and Heal Bell once I get ORAS for a good support 'mon. But, if I make it a Glaceon (yeah, I know I ranked it Low Tier in this exact same post), I can take advantage of Glaceon's great Special Attack, the Quiet nature won't be too much of an issue since Glaceon is hella slow anyway (which means I'll also have one half decent 'mon if I ever decide to make a Trick Room team), and I'll have what is by far the cutest Eeveelution.

Thoughts?

And if anyone has a female Eevee with Anticipation that they wouldn't mind parting with, I would love to make an offer.

EDIT AGAIN: I realized literally after clicking "Save" that I can take the "why not both?" route, evolve it into Glaceon, then breed it to get an Umbreon with a better nature, since Umbreon doesn't need perfect offensive IVs. I need to go to bed.
    Twitters! Steams! Tumblrs!
    3DS Friend Code: 1435-5875-0306
    Brave Frontier Player ID: 6146529113
    Competitive Pokemon list - if you'd like tiny Lv. 1 versions, let me know!
    edited November 2014
    cadian, I'll try and breed you a HA eevee. With some luck, I'll get a female I could send to you.

I had something cool happen today. I got a heracross that has outstanding potential with max attack and speed. Woo! Oh, and it has moxie! :D

I'm gonna start working on being able to make perfect pokemon. I don't know what ones I'll make, but I'll figure that out later.

After playing all day and using reddit, I have a ditto friend safari. Does anyone want a HA ditto? Or want some with two max stats? I'm catching a bunch just because. Gonna work on getting a nice Metagross next, I think. It would be cool to get a breloom in a safari though. I could use it to make my doubles toxic heal guy.

I haven't played much of Ruby today. Lots of breeding.
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
  • CadianCadian oh god who are you people Back and forth between New York and VermontFull Members
    edited November 2014
    cadian, I'll try and breed you a HA eevee. With some luck, I'll get a female I could send to you.

I'm gonna start working on being able to make perfect pokemon. I don't know what ones I'll make, but I'll figure that out later.

THANKS LOLWHOOPS

Also, if you'd like a head start on anything, I have a bunch of extra Pokemon with three or four perfect IVs, and a bunch have egg moves also. I can offer tiny adorable Lv. 1 versions of most 'mons in the album in my signature.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited November 2014
    I had to walk away for a while because I'm trying to breed Ralts for Gallade, and combine four Poochenya with separate egg moves into one, and I keep getting females. Like, 20 in a row.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
    edited November 2014
    Shaymin, have we added each other for friend safari yet? :D

I'm still at it. I've been slowed down because of some crap I'm dealing with, but we shall soon have pokemons for everyone!
    edited November 2014
    Cadian, I have a female HA Eevee thanks to friend safari, so get at me if you want it! Anyone want a male eevee with it's HA?

Working on a modest Eevee with the right stats for a Sylveon to throw in my Ruby team after leveling up my Heracross. Zoey the Heracross is a beast of power. Her friend Sylveon must be as well!

I keep getting stalled in Ruby thanks to desiring new 'mons every so often.
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    edited November 2014
    I settled on one of the quad-perfect Eevee and finally finished a quint-perfect female Charmander named Hinako. The last I will raise is a female Riolu,which will be a bit more trouble, since Riolu themselves are considered baby Pokemon and thus not able to breed. I do have many Lucario, but in order to breed for near-perfect IVs, I'm going to have to evolve some newly-hatched Riolu. :P
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

edited November 2014
    So, I have a whole box of Eevees with some good stats and the HA and like 7 of them are females. After making a Sylveon I decided to go with a Metagross. I think Heracross, Sylveon, and Metagross is a diverse trio and should be capable. I'm trying to think of what I want to have next. Something not weak to fire would be good. Maybe rock a Gyarados with moxie? Super weak to electricity though. Maybe that fire bird with the priority given to flying moves? I could always go with a charizard and have it Y mega evolve.

I'm not really sure why I'm even breeding these guys. I won't need a good team to beat the game and I have desires for all one type teams but I'm not focusing on that either. Is there a battle tower in Omega Ruby? Maybe I should aim for doing well there.
    edited November 2014
    I believe there is a Battle Tower in ORAS, and hints that there will be a return of the Battle Frontier. Those Pokemon will certainly come in handy there.
    Bravely second...

edited December 2014
    I'm finally done with all the breeding. As I said, I will not be re-breeding all of the Pokemon I have raised over the past eight or so years since I started to take competitive battling more seriously. That is just far too much to do, and I don't really care about winning the VGCs or anything like that. I get kicked around on WiFI all the time. :P

Next up is EV training and regular leveling for evolution and learning moves. That will happen slowly, though.

I also thought I should change the name of the thread to "6th gen edition," now that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are out.
    Bravely second...

edited December 2014
    The last I will raise is a female Riolu,which will be a bit more trouble, since Riolu themselves are considered baby Pokemon and thus not able to breed. I do have many Lucario, but in order to breed for near-perfect IVs, I'm going to have to evolve some newly-hatched Riolu. :P

Remember, Riolu is in the Undiscovered Egg Group, and in Gen VI, Pokemon in that EG are guaranteed to have at least three perfect IVs when caught in the wild; therefore it might be easier to catch a slew of Riolu, put a dime underneath your circle pad in Centrico Plaza so you keep going in a circle for a few hours, and enter a battle so they all grow a level and evolve.

Got myself Alpha Sapphire over the weekend; most of my thoughts on it so far are in the "What are you playing today?" thread. This is actually the first time in a non-Nuzlocke run that I'm nicknaming all of the Pokemon I catch and use for the main story. The Pokemon currently in my rotation are:

Leaf Demon the Mega Sceptile
    Comet the Larvesta
    Tentamacles the Tentacruel
    BZZT the Manectric
    Sornak the Sandshrew
    Grape the Alakazam
    plus the shiny Beldum (now Metang), the demo Mega Glalie, and a perfect Charizard I got as a Charmander in a Wonder Trade
    featuring HM slaves Shark Week the Carvanha, Matron the Fletchinder, HMer the Linoone, and Mr. Suck (I accidentally hit "S" instead of "D" while naming it, but would you believe the word filter didn't stop it?) the Farfetch'd.

Tip for fellow ORAS players: get a Sharpedo! You can't fish off of its back, but its surfing speed is twice that of normal.

I'm waiting as long as I can before I borrow a friend's 3DS and trade all of my competitive Pokemon over from X. Partly because I have twenty-nine Pokemon to transfer and it'll be hella tedious, partly because I'm not planning on using any of them until I beat the Pokemon League, partly because I still need to think of nicknames for my Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, & Sylveon.
    edited December 2014
    Pokemon Bank really makes it easy to transfer from X/Y to OR/AS. I really like it after having used it.

I haven't played much in the last few days. Persona Q took over and school is ramping up to the home stretch to the winter break. Cadian, do you still want that female Eevee? I have a few to choose from. Or did you solve that yourself?

My suggestion to people is go to reddit and find the friend safari sub reddit. Adding in some people with the pokes you want, then farm them. That's what I did! :D
    edited December 2014
    Cadian wrote: »
    Remember, Riolu is in the Undiscovered Egg Group, and in Gen VI, Pokemon in that EG are guaranteed to have at least three perfect IVs when caught in the wild; therefore it might be easier to catch a slew of Riolu, put a dime underneath your circle pad in Centrico Plaza so you keep going in a circle for a few hours, and enter a battle so they all grow a level and evolve.
    I actually did not know that. I already have the Riolu done (her name is Cynthia).

By the way, if anyone has trouble getting it to rain to evolve your Sliggoo into Goodra, get a Pokemon with Sweet Scent and start battling hordes. :P I'm half-joking. It's likely a coincidence, but it seems that after a few times, it starts to rain. If you actually want to EV train by Horde Battle (despite Super Training, it's actually faster and more efficient to use hordes), then the rain will put a stop to it as Sweet Scent doesn't work in rain.
    Bravely second...

edited December 2014
    Apparently the rain stopping sweet scent doesn't happen in OR/AS. People seemed pretty happy about it.
    edited December 2014
    Cadian, do you still want that female Eevee? I have a few to choose from. Or did you solve that yourself?

I actually hatched one on my own, but thank you anyway!

Man, did I luck out. Registeel has always been my favorite of the legendary golems, and on my first try catching it, it had a Bold nature and perfect HP, Defense, & Special Defense, i.e. the only stats it really needs. I'm a tad irked that I caught it in a Dusk Ball, as having Registeel come out of a Timer Ball or Premier Ball would look so much better, but there's no way I'm going back and trying again. Now all I need is a nickname...

I finished the Delta Episode and am going around doing various things I've yet to do (catching legendaries, filling out the Pokedex, exploring New and Sea Mauville, finding the mega stones, etc.), and I'll put my thoughts on the game in the completed games thread.
  • ShadowcatShadowcat Member Full Members
    edited December 2014
    why the heck is omega ruby so easy? I've had it since Saturday night and I already have the fifth badge
    FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My VAPS Entry,
  • ClixClix Listmaster Full Members
    edited December 2014
    Shadowcat wrote: »
    why the heck is omega ruby so easy? I've had it since Saturday night and I already have the fifth badge

Well, EXP works differently, but they largely haven't changed any of the NPC's levels or roster from the original versions (the Gym Leaders would be a tad stronger if using their Emerald teams if anything). If you haven't turned off the EXP Share, that would only be making things worse. This is the same issue found in Kalos.
    ClixPsi.png
    edited December 2014
    I can't seem to find any reliable information one way or another on this, so I'd figure I'd ask here.

Is the Japan-only shiny Moonblast Jirachi supposed to have six perfect IVs? Because my friend gave me a shiny Moonblast Jirachi with six perfect IVs.

Everything else - moveset (Wish/Swift/Healing Wish/Moonblast), ability (Serene Grace), held item (Star Piece), Poke Ball (Cherish Ball), OT (たなばた), Trainer ID number (08014), nickname (no nickname), meeting location (PC Tohoku, fateful encounter), meeting date (August 1st), level met (10), ribbons (Classic Ribbon) - checks out, according to Bulbapedia. It's just the IVs that have me suspicious.

I know that in Gen VI, 'mons in the Undiscovered Egg Group are guaranteed to have at least three perfect IVs, getting a 6 IV Pokemon is certainly not impossible (hell, I've hatched two), and that Nintendo is much, much nicer with its giveaways in Japan than they are elsewhere, but I have a strict no hacking policy when it comes to Pokemoning. (One, I think it's cheating, and two, if it is hacked and I try to enter it in an official tournament, I'd get disqualified.) The friend who gave it to me is a very close friend, and he says it's legit, but it's always possible that the person he got it from hacked it.

I'd like to use it because, well, shiny Moonblast Jirachi, but I guess I could transfer my Night Sky's Edge Draco Meteor Jirachi up from my copy of HeartGold and let the shiny one decorate my PC box.
    edited December 2014
    Odds of a 6IV legendary are 1 in 29,000 or so. It's entirely possible that if it was legit, you've got a clone on your hands.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    edited December 2014
    Before leveling up my new Pokemon, I decided to see how far my older Pokemon go in the Battle Maison. I'm still getting used to all their tricks and such, so I've only got up to 28 straight wins. After getting about 12 with my old Pearl Battle Tower team of Gokudo the Infernape, Undine the Milotic, and Gibari the Garchomp, I'm now using Gin the Latios, Galladon the Terrakion, and YogSothoth the Ferrothorn. Now that Steel no long resists Ghost moves, I'm at a bit of a disadvantage. I may be able to work around it, I just need to watch out for Ghost types.

On another Pokemon-related note, I recently heard the Smash Bros version of Route 10 (B/W). It's fantastic! Arranged by Yoko Shimomura, nontheless. <3
    Bravely second...

edited December 2014
    Shaymin wrote: »
    Odds of a 6IV legendary are 1 in 29,000 or so. It's entirely possible that if it was legit, you've got a clone on your hands.

Yeah, since three of its IVs are guaranteed to be perfect, the odds of all six being perfect are 1 in 32^3 (1/32,768). I'll ask around the internet some more to see if perfection was the norm for the giveaway (like I said, Nintendo and Game Freak love​ their Japanese players). And if so, and it is cloned, I'm fine with that, since cloning =/= hacking.
    I recently heard the Smash Bros version of Route 10 (B/W).

This reminds me that I should really get my hands on a copy of B/W one of these days.
    edited December 2014
    After trying out different team configuration, I threw my hands up and relented to using a Mega Evolution. I feel like I shouldn't have to use a Mega Evolution if my opponent don't, but they just keep annoying me. I thought I finally nailed it with Galladon, YogSothoth, and Rhea (Togekiss), but twice I was tripped up by the same Snow Cloak Glaceon. A Mega Scizor, I hope, will turn the tides, being backed up by Gibari and Undine.
    Bravely second...

edited December 2014
    I'm fighting primal Groudon in OR right now. Very easy to KO, not so much for catching. Obviously I have to catch it, so I put the game down after a few tries. One of the things I want to do is get a super sweet mega Scizor but I don't have the stone for him. I think Scizor and Sylveon would make a great team. Too bad Metagross can't learn attract though. Everyone should be in love with one.
    edited December 2014
    You can actually come back to catch Groudon after you beat the Elite 4 if you want to KO it and move on.
    edited December 2014
    I managed to get 41 straight wins using my older Pokemon, including Mega Evolving my Scizor, Suzuka. After several attempts, I can't even get more than 30 wins. I am giving up and trying something cheaper: a Mega Kangaskhan with near-perfect IVs. I was hoping to use my older Pokemon, but they just weren't up to snuff. To get over my annoyance, I going to spend some time on other games before I start breeding.
    Bravely second...

edited January 2015
    ...So now that Serperior was finally given its Hidden Ability, does anyone have an extra Contrary Snivy they wouldn't mind parting with?
    edited January 2015
    The competition proper doesn't start until next week, but registration for the official Battle of Hoenn online competition are now open. Single battles - take six, pick three, ORAS Hoenn Pokedex only. Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, & Deoxys are all banned (as they should be), but 'mons that are evolutions of ones that were in the original Gen III Pokedex and were introduced in Gen IV are allowed (in other words, Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew (lel), Roserade, Dusknoir, Rhyperior, and Froslass are all legal, despite not being introduced in Gen III).

Looks like participating can get you a Tyrunt with its Hidden Ability - Sturdy, which becomes Rock Head when it evolves. One the one hand, Tyrantrum can learn every biting move (its normal ability is Strong Jaw) and only one recoil move (Head Smash); on the other hand, it gets STAB off of Head Smash, and it can only learn Fire, Ice, Thunder, & Poison Fang through breeding.

I imagine we'll see a lot of Megas Salamence, Blaziken, Mawile, Latias, & Latios. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some Baton Passing as well (Ninjask --> Mawile --> sweeper). I just need to decide which Pokemon to use - it looks like your Battle Box is locked once the competition starts, so whatever you put in there, that's what you're going with. Out of all my competitive Pokemon, my choices are: Mega Gardevoir, Mega Mawile, Mega Metagross, Baton Passing Mawile, Breloom, Froslass, Skarmory, Wobbuffet, Ninjask, Shedinja, Registeel (more details are in the Imgur album in my signature if you're interested).
    edited February 2015
    well, i've been on a breeding kick in Y. Got some mons all ready for some perfection. I still like training them in the super training though. I just like it, though it's slower than horde training. I beat omega ruby at the begining of feb but i haven't even gone everywhere in the place yet. i don't even know where you breed. When i do get breeding, i'll have HA Emboar, Serprior, and Samurot i think, so i'll try and get some babies for people.

i have a lot of free time so i'll even try and make the babies female. maybe even with some good breeding stock too!
    edited February 2015
    i don't even know where you breed.

Battle Resort, which you gain access to after completing the Delta Episode. Day Care, Stats Judge, and endless biking loop all in one place!

I have a bunch of extra HA Snivy and Tepig if anyone wants one; the Snivy also have the egg moves Pursuit, Glare, & Mirror Coat. The Samurott code still isn't working for me, and even when it does work, I don't think I'll breed for any HA Oshawott; Shell Armor would be more tempting on something with better than 95/85/70 defenses. There are much better Water-types out there anyway - like Feraligatr, which gets its Hidden Ability at the end of the month! Favorite starter ever HYPE

EDIT: In case anyone's curious, apparently the perfect Shiny Moonblast Jirachi I was talking about earlier is, in fact, legit. The friend who gave it to me said the guy he got it from had to soft reset nearly 600 times before getting a perfect IV spread. I'd still feel weird using it, though, so if I ever feel like it, I have my Night Sky's Edge Draco Meteor Jirachi I can train.