If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Square enix details new plan, overseas to focus on online, dometic mobile.

AncientRuneAncientRune MemberFull Members
edited March 2014 in Square Enix
http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/14q2slides.pdf

squarelol1fejb5.png
squarelol36ekvi.png

looks like Dragon quest X is going mobile

Comments

• smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited November 2013
    I think Siliconera had reported about the DQX being available for tablets in the future a few weeks ago.

I'm among the people hoping that the DQ ports come to the West, I'd like having them all available in one place.

However, their focus on MMOs in the west is just one more reason I've lost faith in Square Enix, and they've mostly lost my business. I'm just glad I'm starting to explore other series and more niche titles and finding some stuff I really like (and some I REALLY hate). SE is no longer the same company it was when I was younger, when they made good games that really appealed to me. Square's been on the decline since 1997, and Enix has only been brought down on that sinking ship since the merger.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    It's really not surprising to see Squeenix throw more eggs into the mobile/online basket, but it's still depressing every time they announce something to that effect.

Wow. They even include a Smartphone into the title logo. I winced at that.
  • ScarScar Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    I wonder if square will ever make a new original game again?
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited December 2013
    My fears became reality
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    It would be a colossal mistake for SE to force Eidos into primarily focusing on exclusively online projects, since single-player Eidos games are the only thing keeping SE relevant at western retail.

Then again, perhaps that's precisely what SE intends; a full withdrawal from the packaged goods business. [I know they've been grumbling about losing money through retailers discounting their stock]
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • Khisanth MagusKhisanth Magus Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    To me this means 2 things:
    1) There will be even more games released in Japan we will never get.
    2) #1 really doesn't matter because 75-90% of it will probably be shovelware.
  • TintagliaTintaglia Member Full Members
    edited March 2014
    And so Squeenix becomes even less relevant to me. How the mighty have fallen.