If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Skyrim Legendary Edition Help Requested

AcathalaAcathala MemberFull Members
edited November 2013 in General Help & Advice
I'm considering buying this, but would it it be compatible with my save save data from the ordinary Skyrim game? IE would I have to lstart again from the beginning?

Comments

• DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited November 2013
    On PC, PS3, 360, what? But I'm fairly certain all save files will work.
    "Yes, because apparently blindly jumping headfirst into a firefight without a grasp on the situation or any combat experience is a sign of genius these days."
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited November 2013
    I would imagine its forward compatible (from regular edition to legendary), but not necessarily going in the other direction. The Legendary edition contains the DLC I believe, so any save made there is very likely incompatible to the original version unless you have all the DLC already. But the direction you mention should be fine, since your save would just act like the game was patched and you bought the DLC.

You could probably verify this on the elderscrolls.com forums.