If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Turn-Based RPGs up for Kickstarting

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited November 2013 in Latest Updates
A recent RPGamer poll demonstrated a strong preference for turn-based combat amongst our readership. We've checked in with Kickstarter and found three games featuring just such a combat system. Meet Lords of Xulima, Deathfire: Ruins of Nethermore, and Graywalkers: Purgatory.
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• SpaceLionSpaceLion Formerly kuhfuss5 Full Members
    edited November 2013
    I like the looks of the first and third games (though the pitch video for the 3rd was a pretty rough). The second's not really my style. I'm glad RPGamer is taking a look at Kickstarter games.
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Torment (already kick-started) just sent out a poll of backers asking them to express a preference for turn-based or real-time with pause (like Baldur's Gate I assume).
  • ZarovitchZarovitch New Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Hi!

I came here cause i just back Deathfire and the goal will probably not being reach.
    I would like some old school rpg like this one. And since this guy made Realms of Arkadia i would like to see something new from him.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, Mr. Henkel hasn't been having good luck with Kickstarter, I'm sorry to say (he had an unsuccessful project last year, too). Seems like the games need a bigger pre-Kickstarter publicity period or something. This also seems to be a tough time of year for Kickstarters. Everybody's spending their extra cash on presents and/or Black Friday sales. I saw a number of solid Kickstarters fail around the holidays last year, too.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I know a few people who are waiting to release a KS in Jan/Feb. Anything after September unless you're a BIG NAME(tm) seems to be poison, at least for video games.