If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Annual Fees for Pok

Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs A Familiar TeacherAdministrators
edited November 2013 in Latest Updates
Collectors and the competitively-minded eagerly await the arrival of the Pok
" I think this is why aging makes humans die! "

Comments

• Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2013
    For those curious about how much current exchange rates means these match up:

USD 4.99 = USD 4.99 (crazy)**
    AUD 6.50 ≈ USD 6.01
    EUR 4.49 ≈ USD 6.04
    NZD 8.50 ≈ USD 6.99
    GBP 4.99 ≈ USD 8.06

boooo :P (disclaimer: I'm not fussed, that's still not all that much and didn't intend to get it in the first place. I just like looking at stuff like this for curiosity's sake :))

** Dunno if this incurs sales tax on top in North America (something that's often ignored when considering US/EU prices)? The other prices will be including any taxes, so would make up some of the shortfall if so.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited November 2013
    So $5 a year, versus at minimum $130+tax for a 3DS-capable system and probably the successor system since Bank is forward compatible...

I'LL ALLOW IT!
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2013
    You're right, Severin, that $5 does not include sales tax, which Nintendo is absolutely scrupulous about collecting from North Americans.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited November 2013
    And I'm absolutely scrupulous about minimizing my tax exposure by keeping my eShop account in Alberta.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited November 2013
    I hear Dartmouth, Alberta has lovely waves... of grain.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Severin Mira said:
    For those curious about how much current exchange rates means these match up:

USD 4.99 = USD 4.99 (crazy)**
    AUD 6.50 ≈ USD 6.01
    EUR 4.49 ≈ USD 6.04
    NZD 8.50 ≈ USD 6.99
    GBP 4.99 ≈ USD 8.06

boooo :P (disclaimer: I'm not fussed, that's still not all that much and didn't intend to get it in the first place. I just like looking at stuff like this for curiosity's sake :))

** Dunno if this incurs sales tax on top in North America (something that's often ignored when considering US/EU prices)? The other prices will be including any taxes, so would make up some of the shortfall if so.
    Since there isn't a national sales tax in the United States, that price is by itself. If you're in one of the few states where taxes are levvied on interstate commerce (or if you live in Washington State), taxes will be added onto the price afterward.

I still don't get why you can't transfer from B/W by communicating with a DS, or barring that, just have an app that does the transfer locally. Swapping carts isn't THAT odious, and you'll likely have to do so anyway to get the pokemon transerred via Pokemon Bank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • Takara_KitsuneTakara_Kitsune New Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    Strawberry Eggs said:
    Collectors and the competitively-minded eagerly await the arrival of the Pok
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs A Familiar Teacher Administrators
    edited November 2013
    Third gen, fourth gen, fifth gen, and sixth gen; that's four generations. Sure, there are the remakes of gens one and two, but they were released during the third gen and fourth gen periods, respectively. You can't actually transfer Pokemon from the original red/blue/yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal into the more recent games.
    " I think this is why aging makes humans die! "