If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Classic JRPG style original music

JormungandJormungand MemberFull Members
edited November 2013 in Miscellaneous
I am using this demo to promote my "classic RPG style" music, intended for use in indie RPGs. It's basically old-school music, with appropriate-sounding instruments.

Fixed link

It's the first step in my own personal contribution to the revival of the traditional Japanese-style RPG genre. :)

Comments welcome as always.

Comments

• lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited November 2013
    it says your video doesn't exist. :(
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
  • ironmageironmage chaotic neutral observer SaskatoonFull Members
    edited November 2013
    I rather liked it. Quite reminiscent of the SNES/PS1 eras.

I think my favorite would be "Opening theme". It feels appropriate for a game that starts out on a mountaintop, with the wind blowing. I got a bit of a Radiant Historia vibe from it.

"Emotional event", though...I'm not sure what emotion I should be feeling. For the first few seconds, it sounds like a "Hero departing" theme, but after that, it becomes unclear. It ends before I get a good sample. May I ask what you were picturing in your head when you wrote it?
    Only the livin' have the privilege of sayin' they'll fight ta the last breath.
    And words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man...
    --Raven (Tales of Vesperia)
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited November 2013
    ironmage wrote: »
    I rather liked it. Quite reminiscent of the SNES/PS1 eras.

I think my favorite would be "Opening theme". It feels appropriate for a game that starts out on a mountaintop, with the wind blowing. I got a bit of a Radiant Historia vibe from it.
    Glad you enjoyed it! SNES-PS1 is definitely what I was aiming for. :)
    "Emotional event", though...I'm not sure what emotion I should be feeling. For the first few seconds, it sounds like a "Hero departing" theme, but after that, it becomes unclear. It ends before I get a good sample. May I ask what you were picturing in your head when you wrote it?
    It actually was/is apart of the opening theme. Originally the opening theme you hear sounded a lot different, and the emotional event theme was a "B" section melody that came right after. I separated it out of general dissatisfaction, and decided to record it just to have a nice end to the demo.