If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

3DS issues / repairs

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited December 2013 in General Help & Advice
This morning, as I was waiting for the train, my copy of Metal Max 4 crashed. Rather, when going to the game's menu, the top screen went black, and the bottom screen froze. The music was still playing, so I figured that this was another one of the game's rare bugs rearing its head (I've had one similar instance before this). The train arrived, so I closed the 3DS and got on. When I opened it again, both screens were black and there was no music. The strange thing is that it won't let me turn it off, either. The 3DS is still powered up, with the blue light slowly fading in and out like it's in sleep mode. I figure I'll wait for it to run out of juice, then plug it in and reboot it. But if that doesn't work, what should I do with the thing?

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited December 2013
    From what I've read your best bet might be to contact Nintendo support. I don't know how the Japanese support compares to North America, but it's pretty good here. If it's similar, you'll have to send it or take it somewhere for repairs. Even if it needs to be replaced, I believe Nintendo has a means to transfer your games and other information from your old system to your new one.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, call Ninty support and tell them. I know 'Cat had a issue with a charging cradle that wouldn't worky; they were really helpful (and sent him a new one). Also the one time I called them, they actually were friendly and anxious to try to help out.

Dunno how they are in japan, but I assume that's a Japanese 3DS to begin with(since you are the import reviewer), and they'd prolly be glad to get you a new one and transfer stuff. Here's the Japanese website. Hope that helps!

If it's a ENGLISH 3DS you may have to ship it home to a friend and get him to call Ninty though unless you want teh JP firmware; I was reading and one guy said with a Japanese 3ds here in the US that was busted, that if he wanted to get it repaired he'd get the English firmware. Which is not acceptable, and I imagine the reverse is true.
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2013
    Thankfully, letting the batteries run out and then rebooting it seems to have done the trick. It's back in regular working order now.