If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Final Fantasy VI for iOS

LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
edited February 2014 in Square Enix
LOL if you thought that SE would not ruin it, you got it wrong!

http://toucharcade.com/2013/12/04/square-enix-post-a-couple-ios-final-fantasy-vi-screenshots/
Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.

Comments

• smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited December 2013
    I saw some comparison screenshots with the SNES version with those two shots earlier today, and honestly I like the visual improvements.

I didn't want an android/ios port of the game, I would have preferred a real remake on a dedicated handheld, but it is what it is, and I'm planning to buy it when it becomes discounted on android.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited December 2013
    1087_299022-jesus-fresco-ruined-during-restoration.jpg

But yeah I guess they've already ruined all the other 2D games might as well ruin this one as well.
  • LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited December 2013
    I wanted remakes like the ones we got on PSP and this is what we get.... I'm disappoint.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • CidolfasCidolfas Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    I don't see the issue. The sprites look very similar, they're just much crisper and clearer. As long as they can keep the overall look, I'm fine with removing the pixellation.
  • tootbrushtootbrush Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    Crisp and clear? The sprites look like they've smeared vaseline all over them. I get a similar result in an emulator once I throw a bunch of filters on it.
    The Magitek Armour looks like a cheap toy now with all of those smooth surfaces. And it turns out Terra's hair is actually made out of plastic.

The backgrounds might look pretty nice... once they get the brightness right. The march on Narshe most definitely didn't happen at noon.
    edited December 2013
    It looks pure garbage just like FFV iOS remake. People had made better looking games on RPG Maker VX Ace. More annoying is the fact that this game is on a smartphones a platform for casuals games.
  • TyphoTypho Knight Errant Full Members
    edited December 2013
    Drav wrote: »
    1087_299022-jesus-fresco-ruined-during-restoration.jpg

But yeah I guess they've already ruined all the other 2D games might as well ruin this one as well.

WOW!! Lmao. Perfect usage of this image.
  • generatorgenerator Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    Depending on the pricepoint, I'll happily buy it. Just played through FF1 on my tablet, prob FF5 is next.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited December 2013
    generator wrote: »
    Depending on the pricepoint, I'll happily buy it. Just played through FF1 on my tablet, prob FF5 is next.

Likely going to be $16 on android like FF3-5 are. I'll probably grab it and FF5 when either of them go on sale. No idea if the iOS prices are comparable, but I know they tend to be much more expensive.
    edited December 2013
    I can't believe how easily you guys accept this mediocrity. It's FFVI and it deserved a better high end remake like the ones on the PSP. This attitude of "Better get something than nothing" is what is ruining the quality of games by adapting everything for casuals gamers on a mobile platform. So instead of waiting better you welcome anything as long as it is slightly better even if more effort could be done on it. I better get one of SE twitters because I will be giving them hell very soon.
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited December 2013
    Me, I'm planning on hunting up the GBA versions of FF5 and FF6.

Yes, the GBA versions. Why? Because they are the best versions so far. I wouldn't count the IOS/Android versions as much good, not to mention they are space pigs. I tried the Android version of FF3 and it murdered teh space on my kindle fire, not to mention that swore me off any more of that on that kindle b/c they tend to take up a lot of room and be horribly clumsy to play on that tablet. Give me the original remakes any day. And wish me luck on the hunt; seems Gamestop no longer carries GBA games so I'll have to check around on Ebay and at a little local shop called Gamers, ironically. ^^
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
    edited December 2013

Yes, the GBA versions. Why? Because they are the best versions so far. I wouldn't count the IOS/Android versions as much good, not to mention they are space pigs. I tried the Android version of FF3 and it murdered teh space on my kindle fire, not to mention that swore me off any more of that on that kindle b/c they tend to take up a lot of room and be horribly clumsy to play on that tablet. Give me the original remakes any day. And wish me luck on the hunt; seems Gamestop no longer carries GBA games so I'll have to check around on Ebay and at a little local shop called Gamers, ironically. ^^
    Amazon also have them:
    http://www.amazon.com/Official-Nintendo-FANTASY-ADVANCE-Players/dp/1598120174/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1386364485&sr=8-7&keywords=Final+Fantasy+V

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VI-game-boy-advance/dp/B000LY4IDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386364563&sr=8-1&keywords=Final+Fantasy+VI

That last price hurts so bad XD
  • maryadaviesmaryadavies She Shoots For The Stars Somewhere east of Atlanta, GAModerators
    edited December 2013
    yes it does, but I'm sure you can find that cheaper elsewhere. Unlike Neko n' pokemon games I doubt you'll find many fakes. ^^ Oh and the first one? that's a strat guide, silly. :)
    93a24222217c9c20a686db8be4676a84.jpg
    My personal page
    New to the boards? Confused? Find the answers here.
  • AncientRuneAncientRune Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    knew it was gonna come with the trash art so im not too upset at this. plus i already have all 5 versions of FFVI
  • RewindRewind Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    smacd wrote: »
    Likely going to be $16 on android like FF3-5 are. I'll probably grab it and FF5 when either of them go on sale. No idea if the iOS prices are comparable, but I know they tend to be much more expensive.

It should be $15.99 on iOS. FFV just went in sale in November for 30% off. It may go on sale again over Christamas.
    PSN: TLDragoon
  • TyphoTypho Knight Errant Full Members
    edited December 2013
    I'm personally not investing in any more of SE's mobile games until they fix their mindset. For a company who repeatedly has stated their desire to enter the mobile arena, they sure don't seem to be doing things right.

They need to realize that basic things like migrating a save from one device to another should be seamless. Especially with a long game such as this. If I'm paying $15 for a mobile game, cloud saves had better be included. Also, updates had better be more than bug fixes.

SE just seems all to eager to reap the benefits of the mobile gaming world, but not ready to adhere to the set of standards as previous successful companies. I personally like having all these games available on all these devices, but it doesn't help if they are substandard, and overpriced.
  • ScarScar Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    I won't buy it, but I don't see anything wrong with the graphics. I rather like the way they came out.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    The graphics look both smudged AND crisp at the same time. OMG
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • SiliconNooBSiliconNooB Member Full Members
    edited January 2014

Yes, the GBA versions. Why? <b>Because they are the best versions so far</b>. I wouldn't count the IOS/Android versions as much good, not to mention they are space pigs. I tried the Android version of FF3 and it murdered teh space on my kindle fire, not to mention that swore me off any more of that on that kindle b/c they tend to take up a lot of room and be horribly clumsy to play on that tablet. Give me the original remakes any day. And wish me luck on the hunt; seems Gamestop no longer carries GBA games so I'll have to check around on Ebay and at a little local shop called Gamers, ironically. ^^

The GBA version of VI has noticeably inferior graphics and sound; and even its technically superior translation is missing a lot of the charm of the original.
    Lusipurr.com: One man's monument to himself!
    9 out of 10 Dentists recomend UNDERBOOB!
  • neoasuraneoasura New Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    Wow that seemed quick, I just heard about this and now it's already released. I'm partial to the graphics personally.. The battle backgrounds look awesome, and the spells look good, but the character sprites...I see what SE is doing, it looks like they're trying to standardize these new sprites for all their classic re-released mobile games. I'm not a fan, they should've stuck with the FFIV PSP style of sprites, those seem to have greater detail and most phones and mobile devices could've easily handled the resolution compared to the PSP.

Also, I'm curious as to how they are implementing Sabins Blitz' on the touchscreen devices??
  • neclordswordneclordsword Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    I figured out what is really bugging me about this: it's the sprites. In the original they were drawn at a bit of an angle, so when looking at them from the side you could see both feet, both hands, etc. Now they just look flat. They don't even have much detail so they don't mesh with the backgrounds. Or does that not stand out on a small android screen?
  • ShinseitoriShinseitori Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    I'm surprised so many don't like the graphics (seems most of the reviewers didn't, either). The backgrounds look very good and the sprites look like an emulator's graphics filter but actually done well. I wish I could get that look on some of my other games.

The sound and music are 100% faithful to the SNES version, too; not flat like the GBA port. If they managed to get the Dancing Mad medley right in the end boss fight--it wasn't in the GBA port--this will be the definitive version of the game for me.
    Rise!
    edited February 2014
    I'm surprised so many don't like the graphics (seems most of the reviewers didn't, either). The backgrounds look very good and the sprites look like an emulator's graphics filter but actually done well. I wish I could get that look on some of my other games.

The sound and music are 100% faithful to the SNES version, too; not flat like the GBA port. If they managed to get the Dancing Mad medley right in the end boss fight--it wasn't in the GBA port--this will be the definitive version of the game for me.
    That's because the sprites and menus of FFI & FFII and FFIV Complete for PSP are better looking than these.
  • ShinseitoriShinseitori Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Ah, different devs there, no? I completely disagree on the menus, but I can see where you're coming from on the character sprites. Compared to the PSP games, everyone in this version of FFVI certainly, uh, has good posture.

I haven't played far enough in the iOS version to see if the spell effects and such compare. I'm just happy this game finally got at least a minor facelift, since I had long been anticipating a complete remake like 3 and 4 got on the DS.
    Rise!
  • LordDralnuLordDralnu New Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    The ports are great I also recomend the after years and chrono Trigger.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Wrong thread
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool