If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Obsidian Builds Pillars of Eternity

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited December 2013 in Latest Updates
Project Eternity now has an official title, and it's not Deadly Shadows Over the Dyrwood: Eternity Chronicles: Volume 1: The Reincarnating: An Urquhart Joint. It's just Pillars of Eternity, and it has a new trailer and website, too.

Article Here!

(Link to blurb reference)
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• NimNim _ Full Members
    edited December 2013
    Chills down my spine. I love it.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    Any mention of a release date?
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited December 2013
    2014 is all we know. Guessing Q3/Q4. A setback for my Fantasy Gaming list.
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited December 2013
    I'm very excited to see more of this game, in particular more gameplay footage. It seems like one of those games that story wise will be very unpredictable, keeping the players on the edge of their seat as it progresses.
  • HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best Full Members
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, that sounds about right to me Nim.

That trailer was great. I'm really looking forward to this one. Can't wait to tackle that 15 level dungeon.
    Reads street English and speaks in collegiate - Ras Kass
  • SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    What is this? An action-RPG?
    It looks good.
    ---
    Edit: Thank you.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited December 2013
    Slayer said:
    What is this? An action-RPG?
    It looks good.
    It'll have real time with pause combat like the Baldur's Gate series. It's a throwback to those old Infinity Engine games (and is PC only).
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • AzilisAzilis Member Full Members
    edited December 2013
    Can't wait for this game. The infinity engine games came around back when I was first getting into RPGs (3rd year of high school . . . I actually didn't grow up playing RPGs), and we've kind of been starved for options as far as that type of game goes lately. I love New Vegas and The Witcher for the way they handle quests and storytelling in a non-linear, choose-your-own-adventure way, but the more action-oriented, less strategic combat has never held as much interest for me as the combat in the infinity engine games (well, except for Planescape: Torment, but that one more than makes up for it's lackluster combat).

I'm actually less excited by this trailer than by a screenshot included in their kickstarter project update #67, which shows the interior of a dungeon/house/dwelling in their development tools. There are markers for a Shadow Lord Valtas, a Shadow Emilio Valtas, and a Valas Brothers quest next to what looks like a dead body (that last one almost looks like a misspelling on their part . . . going to need some QA?). For some reason, that screenshot is ridiculously intriguing to me. I want to know what that quest is.