If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Bravely Default Demo

RockkoRockko MemberFull Members
edited January 2015 in Square Enix
So what does everyone think? The game seems great, the demo doesn't do the best Job demonstrating this in my opinion though. It kinda just dumps you into the game and just says, "you figure it out". Now I've come to expect this from RPG demos with complex systems, but as this is supposedly a stand alone story and not part of the main game, I guess I just expected something a little more tailored to demo purposes. That all being said, it DID get me excited for the game next month. The art, the music, and the battle system all seem top notch and I can see myself really getting into the job system. So overall I'm really anticipating this game more now. So in that regard, I suppose this demo has done its job quite well. What do y'all think?

Comments

• lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    I think people didn't really pay close attention to the fairy when they were playing and ended up lost because of it. It gives some very specific clues for progressing through the demo. I say making the enemies you start off fighting capable of inflicting poison and other status effects was annoying. I think there are plenty of better names for their defend (default) and extra attack (brave) options, and it would have been nice to have a clear indication of how far into the negatives you could go with a series of attacks.

The demo was pretty fun though even if it wasn't really the best demo ever. The game itself seems like it'll be great.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    Really looking forward to this one, given how much I loved the Four Heroes of Light. The demo is good so far, though I wish it could have just started you with some white/black mage spells to toy around with instead of having to go buy them. A minor complaint though, can't wait for the full game!
    Ask Wheels- This Week's Episode
    sig.gif
  • ScarScar Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    I downloaded it the other day, but I haven;t gotten too far into. I do know that I have left my 3DS on at home for the sole reason of advancing the village repair since I don't have anyone to play with at the moment.

Got a couple jobs maxed out. I was under the impression that upon beating this, you can transfer items or something over to the full game? Will that matter if you buy the retail or DL it? I wonder...
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    you actually unlock little bonuses as you progress through the demo and I think that only those items will carry over. I believe it will work like other demo to real game things done previously in that it will use the info whether you have retail or digital versions. I don't know how much other than the 20 villagers and the little item packs that will actually carry over, though.
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    It's only the item packs and up to 20 villagers nothing more, nothing less.

Beat the Demo, went back in and did the other optional boss which put me at 6/7 item packs. Sadly I don't know which item pack I'm missing.

Edit: Did a google search and the last one is for having also shops at max demo level of 3
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited January 2014
    It's only the item packs and up to 20 villagers nothing more, nothing less.
    Except (as well as the Play bonuses and 20 villagers,) you can transfer your Friend data across too. (Assuming you have been StreetPassing with your friends who have the demo.)

lolwhoops wrote: »
    I believe it will work like other demo to real game things done previously in that it will use the info whether you have retail or digital versions.
    The Demo data does work with either version.

(So long as you keep the demo and don't delete it to free up space.)
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    PS, if you don't have any people playing the game in your area for Streetpass, there is a bug that will let you get 20 villagers in the demo (who should transfer to the main game).
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    Really enjoyed this demo. I'm not a fan of how it requires streetpassing/bug-exploiting in order to actually finish it without horrible grinding, but I really like all the classes and the battles. I'm looking forward to this game even more, now.
  • JungyinJungyin Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    Did you mean grinding as in leaving it on in sleep mode to build the town, or grinding as in leveling up to make up for not having the better equipment? I don't know about the very final boss since I ended up getting a few passes and getting some better equipment before it, but I beat the boss at the oasis using only the stuff bought at the town and found in the dungeons, without grinding, even turning off encounters completely at times when I just wanted to get back to town and turn in the quest results. Took a few tries experimenting with the skills I learned, though.
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, I ended up exploiting the streetpass bug because the chance of me getting streetpass was virtually nil, and I didn't want to have to wait for my one starter villager to build the whole damn thing.
  • RockkoRockko Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    Jungyin wrote: »
    Did you mean grinding as in leaving it on in sleep mode to build the town, or grinding as in leveling up to make up for not having the better equipment? I don't know about the very final boss since I ended up getting a few passes and getting some better equipment before it, but I beat the boss at the oasis using only the stuff bought at the town and found in the dungeons, without grinding, even turning off encounters completely at times when I just wanted to get back to town and turn in the quest results. Took a few tries experimenting with the skills I learned, though.

I did the same thing, no "Street Passing". My 3DS doesn't leave the house. That reminds me, since you will be able to do all that over the internet in the final version, we ought to make sure we have a thread going here to take full advantage of that. Not sure how it's all going to work, but it seems as though it could be pretty interesting.
    edited February 2014
    Sweet, just got my notification that my copy has shipped from Amazon an I should receive it tomorrow. Really looking forward to starting this up this weekend.
  • MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited February 2014
    I just got it myself. So far it has been a lot of fun. Anyone want to share profiles to make friends for the game?
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited February 2014
    I'd be happy to as would my wife but we're sharing a single copy
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

edited February 2014
    Same here, though I have yet to get into the special moves, abilinks, or summon a friend parts yet, so I'm not exactly sure how much help I'd be...
    edited February 2014
    Well if any of you used your friend codes on the X/Y pokemon thread then it'll be easier to add I got three of our fellow members last night when I updated :D
    sig.gif

• MonCapitan2002MonCapitan2002 Avatar Captured Full Members
    edited February 2014
    How do I do that? Also, how do I find mine to share? P.S. I don't have that game, so would it be a problem if I used those codes to add friends for this game?

If anyone wants to add me for this game, my code is 0645-6505-4522.
    LordBilbanes.png
    Please help my city grow. Estharopolis - Population | Industry | Transportation | Security | Environment | Business
    edited February 2014
    The friend codes are now part of the system. So the 0645-6505-4522 is what we need. Just many of us shared them in the Pokemon X/Y thread
    sig.gif

edited February 2014
    Mine is: 0216-2087-3149

I wasn't in on the Pokemon thread.
  • TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff Healer RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2014
    I got the game a few days ago, so I'm all for getting a few more allies. :)

I'm 1607-1655-4683.

Also not someone from the Pokemon thread, since I am way, way behind on Pokemon... I just added some codes from that thread, though.
  • ironmageironmage chaotic neutral observer SaskatoonFull Members
    edited February 2014
    Sign me up, too. Friend-bot seems like a nice guy, but he doesn't have much personality.

I added a few codes from this thread, the Pokemon thread, and the gamer tag thread. If you're playing Bravely Default and want me to add you, let me know.

FC: 5172-1653-7420
    Only the livin' have the privilege of sayin' they'll fight ta the last breath.
    And words like conviction and resolve don't mean much to a dead man...
    --Raven (Tales of Vesperia)
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited February 2014
    mine is 0662-2757-5995

I don't have the full game yet, amazon still says "Preparing for shipping" like it has for the last week, guess that the whole super-saver shipping means they won't bother getting around to it til they feel like it. I'm thinking I might actually play this one right after I get it though.

If anyone adds me, let me know. I haven't really added anyone who hasn't specifically asked me to, or vice versa.
  • 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2014
    Mine is 0103-9538-2600. I added the few new FCs here that I didn't already have from Pokemon.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited February 2014
    7thCircle wrote: »
    Mine is 0103-9538-2600. I added the few new FCs here that I didn't already have from Pokemon.
    I think I still need to add you.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited February 2014
    I added a few of you. My friend code is 0018-0391-9270. We must all work tirelessly to rebuild each other's villages!
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited February 2014
    I forgot that a) I had Severin on my list and b) he reviewed the game.

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND~!
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited February 2014
    Added everyone on this page.

Mine is 2535-3732-7476
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
    edited February 2014
    Please add me too! I have entered all the codes on this page. My code is 1005 8832 7182
  • sprite nostalgistsprite nostalgist New Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    This game and Fire Emblem are seriously making me consider splashing the cash on a new 3DS (my old one got busted a while back).
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited February 2014
    I'm getting the game Friday, so I'll add everyone preemptively. My code is 0903-3240-8015.