If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Bravely Default Demo

2»

Comments

• 7thCircle7thCircle Proofer of the Realm RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2014
    Bravely Default is just a sneaky way for me to get more pokemon safaris.
    The lesson here is that dreams inevitably lead to hideous implosions.
  • XareXare New Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Added everyone so far, mine is 3024-6347-4795
  • lolwhoopslolwhoops happy accident HalifaxRPGamer Staff
    edited February 2014
    I added a bunch of you. Add me too and you can bask in the awesomeness of my special moves! :D

0817-4056-9404
    lolwhoops: a Gamer's Blog
    ^^is my blog! Updates whenever I feel like it! :D which happens a lot more often now!
    this is my twitter! come twit with me
  • TyphaonTyphaon Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Adding everyone on here and my code is 0404-6058-8090
    What I have seen and done to achieve my position defies belief. What I am capable of and will be party to in order to retain it would chill your soul.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Tossing my Friend Code up here too 5172-0093-4078
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • redwing42redwing42 Classic Console Junkie Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Been playing the demo a bit, and have the game on order. FC is 1134-8491-0522. I'll add everyone on this thread later today. Thanks.
    edited February 2014
    For those who really want a good place to grind pg and jp early-ish in the game. Miasma Woods. The Myconid enemies will sometimes spawn more when they're attacked. I just finished a battle with 4512 pg, 1504 xp, and 188 jp. And if you don't want to over level you can always turn XP off
    sig.gif

and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

• OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2014
    Though the most efficient way to grind JP is to simply progress through the game. There seem to be plateaus in each area, and progressing jobs past that plateau is painfully slow. The game is quite well-balanced that way (as long as you have the encounter rate set at normal), so that grinding is rarely necessary and not even particularly useful until late in the game.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited February 2014
    For those who really want a good place to grind pg and jp early-ish in the game. Miasma Woods. The Myconid enemies will sometimes spawn more when they're attacked.
    I think people generally prefer to fight groups of Alraune (small plants) in the flowery areas in the section after that. I.e. Set a high encounter rate and killing them with fire.

Although before that you could reach those enemies earlier, by flying to a half frozen island at the end of the intro (bit tough though).
    Plus a bit later there is a different frozen island with early access to later enemies (also tough).

But yes grinding is much more efficient later in the game, so don't go out of your way too much until then.
    edited February 2014
    I don't know if any one else has noticed but if you got 3DS's around you can practically max your village count by street passing each other. I keep street passing the other 3DS and adding to my wife's or my own town. Gotten like 10 villagers that way
    sig.gif

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited February 2014
    Well, I'm late to the party and still very early in the game (Ringabel just joined and I only spent about two hours or so). I have no complaints so far, and I'm rather intrigued by the choice of voice actors. Though my 3DS FC can be found elsewhere, I'll post it here for convenience. I already added everyone here who hadn't posted it in another thread: 3737-9644-7526
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• OmbresOmbres Games horder Full Members
    edited March 2014
    I am adding you all,
    mine is 1907-9439-4210
    Always enjoy all the experience in life, you might gain a level or two.
    sig.gif
  • redwing42redwing42 Classic Console Junkie Full Members
    edited March 2014
    Finished up the demo the other day and I'll be starting on the actual game at some point. I always enjoy a good job system, and while this isn't FFT, it is still pretty good. There were some obviously overpowered combinations and I beat the final boss after losing everyone but Tiz in round one after accidentally hitting auto battle, since I turned him into an impenetrable tank and won by attrition.
    edited March 2014
    Despite beating it I'm still palying on maxing jobs, buying stuff, and working towards I think the good ending cause I got the normal one
    sig.gif

• LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited March 2014
    If you kill a Nemesis, can you get another one? I'm maxed out of them and I was told to get the Vampire class 1rst before killing them. Vampire class sounds like the Blue Mage.
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
    edited March 2014
    LordKaiser wrote: »
    If you kill a Nemesis, can you get another one? I'm maxed out of them and I was told to get the Vampire class 1rst before killing them. Vampire class sounds like the Blue Mage.

Yes Vampire is a bit like Blue Mage.

No it's gone but you can get other ones when you connect to the network
    sig.gif

• AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited March 2014
    You should try to keep level 80 Belphegor and Lucifer. Those are the two you can learn skills from.

There is a Japanese mammon (level 25) that you can steal elixirs from (just run away instead of killing it)
    edited March 2014
    Only the level 80 ones? I have a level 70 Lucifer currently.
    Bravely second...

• LordKaiserLordKaiser Gaming Freedom Full Members
    edited March 2014
    I have 2 Lucifers, 1 western and 1 Japanese. Any difference between them other than drops?
    Never buy a game published by D3 Publisher that is not WKCII. They cheated on their fans by releasing a game that they didn't support not even for a year and they released a rushed translation.
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited March 2014
    Sorry, I meant the level 80 Belphegor only. I don't think there are multiple level Lucifers running around? I don't know if there is a difference between the Japanese or English Lucifers - I am still waiting for my first one to learn Aeroga from :-\
    edited March 2014
    Ah, I see. i misinterpreted what you said.
    Bravely second...

• TyphoTypho Knight Errant Full Members
    edited April 2014
    Pretty late to the party here, but I just went through and added everybody here. My friend code is 1177-7108-5287.
  • AdremmelechAdremmelech The Original Playa... Full Members
    edited January 2015
    Adding my own. 4940-5435-6005. Named JasonG.