If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Preview - Dark Souls II

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
edited January 2014 in Latest Updates
From Software is preparing to inflict its own uncompromising level of challenge once more on those foolish enough to believe they have what it takes. It's almost time to die, again. And again.

[ Preview ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

• LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    March 14 can't come soon enough :)
  • WheelsWheels RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    Lassic said:
    March 14 can't come soon enough :)
    No kidding, can't wait to dig in to this game!
  • NefarioCallNefarioCall Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
  • My_Lost_WingMy_Lost_Wing Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    I will die a happy fool over and over again once I get this game :)
    Currently Playing:

Soul Historia
    Fortuna Magus
    Final Fantasy Dimensions
    Dragon Age Inquisition

• TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    When this game is reviewed, don't forget to include a death counter.
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    I was at first a little bummed that there won't be a PC version at launch, but then I realized that just gives me more time to finish up the first one :).
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    The combat looks more fun in this game, maybe I'll like it more.
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited January 2014
    The combat in the beta was about 90% the same, with some minor control changes. The timing related elements were definitely off. I just hope the PvP latency issues are fixed. Dark Souls was so bad that you'd have to start a parry blindly before an opponent attacked because by the time you'd see an attack on your end it was already too late to react.
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited January 2014
    As someone whose just now playing Dark Souls for the first time, I'm proud to say that an upcoming game such as this that I previously had no interest in has transformed into one I'm really excited for.

My main hopes for Dark Souls 2 is a little more storytelling and less backtracking. You get the teleport skill kinda late in Dark Souls, and the lack of a decent central hub that is easily revisted can be annoying. The story and characters of Dark Souls actually seem very intriguing, but its been pretty tough to keep up with when NPCs might get new dialogue, the random places they move to, and one of my favorites requires an item just to talk to that I wouldn't have figured out had TG not mentioned it AND going online to find out how to acquire. Also pretty excited to see what new additions they bring to the combat and character customization.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach