If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Get a Job and Bravely Default

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited January 2014 in Latest Updates
This new trailer shows off the many possible costume and ability sets available to the cute kids who star in Bravely Default. Vampire: it's not just a job, it's a career.

[Professional Link]
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• imercenaryimercenary Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    When I grow up, I wanna be a valkyrie!
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited January 2014
    Is vampire seriously in the game. I wonder if this job has got a story around it... like actually getting turned into a vamp or something. I would be curious to see how it would be implemented.
  • AurianAurian Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    I still think its weird for men to be Valkyries....
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    Generic sentence to avoid spoilered stuff appearing on the front page.
    scorpio_7 said:
    Is vampire seriously in the game. I wonder if this job has got a story around it... like actually getting turned into a vamp or something. I would be curious to see how it would be implemented.
    iirc, it gets a load of the absorb abilities, but is also has the equivalent of
    Spoiler:
    Blue Magic
    Spoiler:
    It's one of the last jobs you can actually unlock, but I don't there's any major story in terms of getting it, outside of some characterisation of the guy that does have it.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    imercenary said:
    When I grow up, I wanna be a valkyrie!
    When I grow up, I wanna be a freeloader!

... I mean lancer! FreeLANCER. What did I say?
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited January 2014
    scorpio_7 said:
    Some side-quest material does have some details explaining how people can swap to different jobs quite easily.

And after finding a little out about the game's vampire, it kind of makes sense why there is a vampire job.
    It's basically
    Spoiler:
    the vampiric skills which they learnt during their immortality, rather than giving their immortality itself
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited January 2014
    This trailer got me pretty psyched for Bravely Default. Love a good class system, and there looks to be plenty of variety and customization here. Valkyrie and Time Mage look like potential mainstays. As long as you actually get to keep a party of 4 for the majority of the game unlike 4 Heroes of Light, I think this might end up being one of my favorites this year.
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    ChickenGod said:
    This trailer got me pretty psyched for Bravely Default. Love a good class system, and there looks to be plenty of variety and customization here. Valkyrie and Time Mage look like potential mainstays. As long as you actually get to keep a party of 4 for the majority of the game unlike 4 Heroes of Light, I think this might end up being one of my favorites this year.
    Yeah, don't worry about that, you get all four pretty quickly and it's very rare that the party splits up. Even then it's brief and won't throw anything evil at you during it.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • ChickenGodChickenGod Overdosing Heavenly Bliss Moderators
    edited January 2014
    Thanks Severin, you've assuaged the only worry I had! :)
    "Looks like Teach just got tenure!" - Teach
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited January 2014
    Yeah after playing the demo, I can't wait for this :)