If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Import Retroview - Metal Max

GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited January 2014 in Latest Updates
Metal is as metal does, but let's remember that metal does not always age well. When it's good, it's good, but when it's rusted.... well, that just makes it flaky.

Review

Comments

• NefarioCallNefarioCall Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    I haven't had the courage to try this yet. Rougher around the edges NES games tend to do that, but i'm glad that Metal Max lives on after all these years.
    I'm more inclined to play the SNES remake.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    If you have the option, definitely go for Metal Max Returns instead. I don't know exactly how improved it is over the original version, but judging from Metal Max 2 it's probably lots. I don't have a Wii or SFC, and MMR isn't available on the 3DS virtual console, so I'm a little limited in my options.

Anyhoo, five down, three to go, and then I've completed the series! :D
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    The only Metal Max game I've had a chance to play is the PS2 one.

Metal Max Returns does have a fan translation so I might check that out. This review definitely tells me I'd most likely be better off with the remake anyway.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    GaijinMonogatari said:
    If you have the option, definitely go for Metal Max Returns instead. I don't know exactly how improved it is over the original version, but judging from Metal Max 2 it's probably lots. I don't have a Wii or SFC, and MMR isn't available on the 3DS virtual console, so I'm a little limited in my options.

Anyhoo, five down, three to go, and then I've completed the series! :D
    Which three are left? :O
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    Metal Max Returns (remake), Metal Max 2: Reloaded (remake), and Metal Saga.