If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Interview - Chris Avellone

Jmustang1968Jmustang1968 RPGamer StaffRPGamer Staff
edited January 2014 in Latest Updates
From Planescape: Torment to Pillars of Eternity, we interview Chris Avellone spanning his career at Interplay and Obsidian. We discuss his experiences as a games designer, and his work on past and potential future projects.

• LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    A link to the interview would be nice ;)
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited January 2014
    And fixed! Sorry about that. I missed it when I was checking him.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • Jmustang1968Jmustang1968 RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    Woops, thought that I had all the bases covered...
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited January 2014
    Good questions (although there is actually quite a lot of info on Van Buren available) but not a lot new here, unfortunately. I think there might be more Chris Avellone interviews than every other CRPG developer combined.
  • Jmustang1968Jmustang1968 RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, this had been an audio interview. What I had meant to say was that I hadnt seen a lot of van buren info beyond a few screen shots. But I tried to transcribe it faithfully.
  • NimNim _ Full Members
    edited January 2014
    I still want to see him make a The Wire game.
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    Always fun to read an interview with Avellone. As far as IPs he's interested in, I recall this list from another interview: "The Wire, Archer, Ultima, Chronotrigger, Deus Ex, Arcanum, Star Wars, Firefly, and Doctor Who". That has some overlap with the one he mentioned here, obviously. He seems to favor some old school RPGs too I guess. Circa the ME3 "crisis" I recall in at least a few comments he seemed to feel for the player-base more than most devs I saw. He seems quite passionate about narrative in videogames.