If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Happy 40th anniversary D&D

ShadowcatShadowcat MemberFull Members
edited October 2014 in Saving Throw Gaming
I usually don't post here because pen and paper games really aren't my thing but there probably isn't a better place for this on the boards. 40 years ago D&D hit store shelves much to the delight of geeks everywhere. From it's ideas sprang video games like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and others...and also a whole slew of tabletop games! Happy B-Day D&D we all owe you alot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuFVl20FFCM
FFXI Character name: Shadowneko Server: Quetzalcoatl Main Jobs: lvl 76 THF, lvl 95 Summoner, lvl 39 Dragoon
FlOzXvF.jpg
My VAPS Entry,

Comments

• TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    Yay! D&D cake!
  • envydeienvydei Traveler Full Members
    edited January 2014
    Hooray for the grandpappy of RPG's!
  • Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Wannabe Mistborn Lucario Administrators
    edited January 2014
    Happy anniversary, D&D! I can't say I ever played a table top RPG, but I do owe it for being the common ancestor of many of my favorite series.
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• AcathalaAcathala Member Full Members
    edited January 2014
    Happy birthday D&D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • goateguygoateguy Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Happy anniversary, D&D! I can't say I ever played a table top RPG, but I do owe it for being the common ancestor of many of my favorite series.

You are certainly missing out on a lot of fun. I played a fair amount of D&D while in college, both official 3.5 (and one so-so 4.0 game) and a ton of home-brew based off of 3.5. I am far from the best person to play table top games but I do enjoy sitting at the table and enjoying people riffing off each other and have crazy adventures. Case in point, if you ever want to see a room of 10 players (including 3 new people) lose their mind laughing, let a 3 foot tall bone fairy (one of the new players) roll consecutive 20s to climb faster out of a tunnel rapidly filling with water.

*gm stares wide eyed at the roll on the table* "uhhh.....your non-functioning wings suddenly spring to life and you shoot off like a rocket out of the hole". (Along the way 3 people rolled above a 16 so they were able to latch on and ride to safety.)

(In addition I played some Shadowrun, Exalted and I think pathfinder in college too. There was a home made version of the PC game Arcainum that was run once which was cool, but the for that goes in another thread.)
    If I don't make it home, tell my wife I said Hello.

--Neutral Planet President

You can find awesome fractal art at my website: http://goateeguy.deviantart.com
  • khalid buttkhalid butt New Member Full Members
    edited October 2014
    and paper games really aren't my thing but there probably isn't a better place for this on the boards. 40 years ago D&D hit store shelves much to the delight of geeks everywhere. From it's ideas sprang video games like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy and others...and also a whole slew of tabletop games! Happy B-Day D&D we all o
    Pakistan