If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

EvilQuest Arrives on Steam

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited February 2014 in Latest Updates
Galvis has made his triumphant return to the land of RPGs. EvilQuest, originally released back in 2012, has finally made it to the vast lands of Steam.

Story

Comments

• smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited February 2014
    I played this awhile back on the XBLIG. It was one of the better XBLIG RPGs that I've played.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited February 2014
    Played it, beat it, had a fun time. Going to be working on Hard Mode later on.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    wow, some pretty good recommendations here, tempting with steam so accessible o_O
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2014
    Balance said:
    wow, some pretty good recommendations here, tempting with steam so accessible o_O
    Yeah, don't. I don't know what these guys are talking about, this game is awful. Had to review the XBLIG version a few years ago, one of the worst games of the year, hands down.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited February 2014
    I mean I didn't say it was good. It was mostly mediocre and unmemorable. But compared to other XBLIG RPGs, its not bad. Not as good as a Zeboyd game, but.. I think what I'm saying is there is a lot of garbage on XBLIG and this isn't that bad in comparison.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited February 2014
    omegabyte said:
    Yeah, don't. I don't know what these guys are talking about, this game is awful. Had to review the XBLIG version a few years ago, one of the worst games of the year, hands down.
    I've played worse...much worse. This is actually not that bad of a game, considering it does hit the fun factor well. I only have 1 of 2 requirements for me to like a game.

1. Said game's gameplay must be fun
    2. Story must be above average.

This game hits the first option well enough for me.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Okay, I guess "I've played worse" isn't a great recommendation but I agree with what you said. That fun factor is enough to have a good time but not a memorable time. I've played and enjoyed Zeboyd games, so I understand where the bar is set at.
    I've also got that- "I wasted money on past steam purchases warning flashing" in my head