If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Weapon Shop de Omasse - Staff Review

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited March 2014 in Latest Updates
The last of Level-5's Guild games has finally arrived. But is it #awesome? #no #maybe #willsee

Staff Review

Comments

• BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited February 2014
    Still seems fun enough for me to give a shot. I'm a fan of Japanese tropes, manga, anime and all their wierdness. I notice there's strange meta-humour trend going sometimes, especially in the post anime skits, NPC as the true protagnoist? Also of course, reminds me of Recettear, one of my favourite games.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited February 2014
    unless I can every single pole-arm from the AD&D players handbook this game is a failure.

Bohemian Ear-spoons for life!
  • JitawaJitawa Member Full Members
    edited March 2014
    Balance said:
    Still seems fun enough for me to give a shot. I'm a fan of Japanese tropes, manga, anime and all their wierdness. I notice there's strange meta-humour trend going sometimes, especially in the post anime skits, NPC as the true protagnoist? Also of course, reminds me of Recettear, one of my favourite games.
    This game is just forging though, right? Recettear has those time-locks on making payments, is mostly about sales (not creation), and technically you have those dungeon crawling elements.
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2014
    I think he was talking more about style, humor, and atmosphere than actual game mechanics.
  • ascii256ascii256 Member Full Members
    edited March 2014
    So is this kind of like that one Dragon Quest game where you would buy a bunch of swords and then sell them. Then you took the profits and bought more swords and sold them?

I seem to recall enjoying that part of the game and them being disappointed that all of my profits were lost to continue the story.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited March 2014
    Probably a bit closer although it doesn't sound like you are doing it for the money.
    Unless maybe you can lose by going broke.
    Fowl Sorcerous said:
    unless I can every single pole-arm from the AD&D players handbook this game is a failure.

Bohemian Ear-spoons for life!
    Oh, is this like the missing words round in "Have I got news for you"? :)

[HR][/HR]
    unless I can
    Spoiler:
    glomp
    every single pole-arm from the AD&D players handbook this game is a failure.

[HR][/HR]
    How about: backstab my own party with