If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Hyperdimension Neptunia Begins Again

TwinBahamutTwinBahamut Staff HealerRPGamer Staff
edited March 2014 in Latest Updates
The newest Neptunia game is also the oldest Neptunia game, as Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 is now on its way to North America and Europe. It will be familiar to some, but not exactly the same as before for all kinds of reasons.

[Link]

Comments

• MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited March 2014
    I might give it a go if it gets a physical release and it's improved over the PS3 original. Bonus points if it's less embarrassing to play outside of a locked room.

[video=youtube;Sj5gGngu3To]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2014
    MasterChief said:
    I might give it a go if it gets a physical release and it's improved over the PS3 original. Bonus points if it's less embarrassing to play outside of a locked room.
    If it's using the Victory battle system, it will definitely be a better game. My only concern is that NISA isn't handling the localization. That could mean any number of things. I don't think Idea Factory has ever localized a game in-house before, at least not that I know of, so it's hard to say how good it'll be. Moreover, with a different staff handling it, the characters might be handled completely differently. Voice actors could change and personalities could be different. Since the characters are pretty much the biggest draw the game has going for it, this could be a real downer if it's not handled right. Without the humor, it's just another mediocre RPG.
    "It's okay to fail as long as you learn that you failed!" - Neptune, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory
    Follow me on Twitter
    Read my serialized, comedy-fantasy web novel, The Almanac of All Things - http://www.thealmanac.ca - Read All of Part One Now!
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited March 2014
    I thought that Idea Factory International featured at least a few ex-NISA people (the CEO is the ex-President of NISA at least), so there's probably less of a danger on that front.
    "My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving universes."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU), severin-US (US) | NNID: severinmira | Skype: severinmk
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevirain Kristinger (Leviathan)