If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPG Backtrack: Episode 115 - Dust in the Wind

JuMeSynJuMeSyn Code: KirinAdministrators
edited April 2014 in Latest Updates
After the first Fallout, eight decades passed before a new hero had to undertake a quest. That quest involved meeting a number of strange new people in interesting places. Dealing with these people could take place in any number of ways, but the stark effectiveness of blowing them away was a tempting option.
Watch out for Holy Grail references!
It's not what he's eating, but what's eating him that makes it ... sort of interesting.

Comments

• JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    Gotta love it!! Fallout 2 love FTW!
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    remember this love for the ever-spinning hatestorm...I mean fallout 3 episode is coming.
  • goateguygoateguy Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    A Note about the discussion at the end of episode 114 where there is the short discussion about increasing and decreasing the encounter rate. I know you were giving DQ8 and SMT as examples off the top of your head but I'd like to make a call back to the Legaia episode where at least in the first game in the series where they also have items that you can use and equip to provide the same function.
    If I don't make it home, tell my wife I said Hello.

--Neutral Planet President

You can find awesome fractal art at my website: http://goateeguy.deviantart.com
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited April 2014
    goateguy said:
    A Note about the discussion at the end of episode 114 where there is the short discussion about increasing and decreasing the encounter rate. I know you were giving DQ8 and SMT as examples off the top of your head
    (Not remembering that discussion) I wonder if that should be the Dragon Quest series in general, because I they had some sort of repel item or spell from the first one.
    (Although it might only work against weak enemies.)

FF3 might give loads of jobs at once, but doesn't it space them out throughout the whole game? So you would have to start some of them right before the final dungeon areas.
    Or did that change in the remakes?

Bravely Default is a bit more like FF5, where you get almost all the jobs in the first half of the game and spend the rest of the game building them up. Except FF5 does give loads out at once.
    As it came up; It takes loads more JP to increase a job from Lv 9 to Lv 10, than it would take a new job from Lv 1 to Lv 9!

Oh, and the Vampire job is cool ;)
    (I'd argue it's one of the best jobs, a physical damage mage, who can buff/debuff stats and use that to drain loads of free MP too.)
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    Good points....expect to hear your comments and our reactions in our next shows :)