If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Suikoden II May Finally Come to PSN

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited April 2014 in Latest Updates
Greedy eBayers should tremble in fear, as Suikoden II may finally be arriving on the PlayStation Network. Suikoden fans, on the other hand, can prepare to party like it's 1999.

Edit, April 23: Edited story to reflect that the rating entry for the game has been removed from the ESRB site.
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 2014
    Exciting that people can finally get a chance to play these games without having to save their money for a physical copy.

I was initially worried that the value of my physical copy would drop off a cliff, however Earthbound still sells for a steep price for a physical copy, and I never sell my games anyway so I guess it doesn't matter much other than that I overpayed- even though I got the game for a steal at $85 for a complete copy.
  • TG BarighmTG Barighm Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    And still no word on PSN classics finding their way over to the PS4 aside from Playstation Now, so I can't just sell my copy and buy it later.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited April 2014
    TG Barighm said:
    And still no word on PSN classics finding their way over to the PS4 aside from Playstation Now, so I can't just sell my copy and buy it later.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on that right now. Word yesterday is that all the PSN/PS1/PSP games are apparently working on the Vita now. Next up would be getting it all working properly on the PS4
  • DeadBowDeadBow New Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    Wow, talk about unexpected. I had Suikoden 2 on my backlog for years in hopes of a PSN release. I gave up on Konami ever doing so whether due to licensing issues or just apathy after seeing the first Suikoden's sales numbers. I ended up completing the game on my phone through emulation about 3 months ago. I will however make sure to purchase this release as a way of paying my dues so to speak, and encourage Konami to take another look at the possibility of continuing the franchise. Suikoden VI for PS4 or Vita would be nice, but realistically I would be alright with a localized version of the PSP game.
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    One more than one occasion, I've sold a high priced game after an announcement of a PSN version. Great way to make a quick buck :) I have seen some games lose some value after a PSN release, though some do not. More on topic, I'm sure stoked about this.
  • JormungandJormungand Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    Fabulous news. I haven't started in on the Suikoden proper series yet (only played Rhapsodia/Tactics and Tierkreis), and have other Suikodens in my backlog. Only missing 2 and 5.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    Don't party too hard yet, the rating has since been removed.
  • Jmustang1968Jmustang1968 RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    For some reason, PS1 games seem to take a dive in price much more so than the Nintendo or cart games. Earthbound wasnt as affected, but I believe Suikoden II will be.
  • TaikaTaika Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    I hope they finally deliver! One of my favorite games of all time... I lucked across it in a pawn shop for $7.50 without ever having heard of Suikoden. The art looked cool, so I bought it. Would be great for all the others who've been unable to find a copy to finally experience what the hype was all about!
  • watcherwatcher Veteran RPGamer Full Members
    edited April 2014
    Hmm, might be time to sell my copy. I didn't realize that they had gotten so high priced. It was still $85-100 the last time I looked. I think I got mine used at $65. The collector in me doesn't want to break up my set of good condition originals (1-5+Tactics), though.
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited April 2014
    Wow I hope this does come to fruition. I always loved the Suikoden series, in particular Suikoden 2.

I was one of those fools who traded it in towards a new game years ago. I actually traded it in towards Dungeon Siege... I must not have had many brain cells in that phase of my life...

Anyhow I will definitely be getting this, as I have had a hankering to play it again for years, but refused to drop 200-700 dollars on it.
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    watcher said:
    Hmm, might be time to sell my copy. I didn't realize that they had gotten so high priced. It was still $85-100 the last time I looked. I think I got mine used at $65. The collector in me doesn't want to break up my set of good condition originals (1-5+Tactics), though.
    I only have 3 and 5 so it's not a hard choice for me(I do have the first game but on PSN). I'll wait until I hear something more official than an esrb rating though.
  • BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    We're borrowing a PS3, so I will definately be playing that! On anohter note, I've just joined Twitter so I can tweet my support for the Suikoden Revival movement.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited April 2014
    scorpio_7 said:
    I was one of those fools who traded it in towards a new game years ago. I actually traded it in towards Dungeon Siege... I must not have had many brain cells in that phase of my life...
    Oh, ouch. That hurts.

Though it could be worse. It could have been Dungeon Siege 2.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • scorpio_7scorpio_7 Tactic's Ogre I choose u! Full Members
    edited April 2014
    Ocelot said:
    Oh, ouch. That hurts.

Though it could be worse. It could have been Dungeon Siege 2.
    This is very true. Gotta look on the bright side eh :)
  • rakdenrakden New Member Full Members
    edited April 2014
    I'm always afeared I'll open the case and the simple act of observing the disk will cause some quantum trickery to make the disk burst into a poof of dust. I'll be glad to have it available on PSN. It's a game not a precious metal, more people should finally get the opportunity to play this game.