If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Atelier Rorona Heads West Again

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
edited May 2014 in Latest Updates
Rorona Frixell liked visiting America and Europe so much, she's doing it all over again. This time she's bringing over a heap of improvements and additions, plus the chance to do some synthesising on the go.

[ Barrel ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited May 2014
    I knew this was coming but honestly I couldn't wait and bought the original instead, I'm sure the vendor was overjoyed :p.
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    edited May 2014
    I'm glad this version is making it over, I wasn't 100% sure it would. K/T seems a bit cool on anything other than Dynasty Warriors games.
    This was the first Atelier game I played and while I enjoyed it, there were a lot of issues for a first time player. The game would offer you requests that you could not complete and it was easy to take on too many requests at one time and it would be impossible to finish them in the allotted time. Maybe part of my issues was it was my first Atelier game and now I understand how to play them and don't run into any issues. Well, at least now I have a clear choice to recommend for people to start with the series.
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2014
    I am very excited to play this again simply because Rorona deserved a makeover. I adored the original game, but I'm thrilled to see how the changes will be incorporated and I think i'd be great to play Rorona's story again. I've missed her. :)
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited May 2014
    jscarpe said:
    I'm glad this version is making it over, I wasn't 100% sure it would. K/T seems a bit cool on anything other than Dynasty Warriors games.
    I don't know if that's entirely fair. We've been hearing about them in RPGs frequently here... IIRC, didn't they buy out Gust and begin putting out their titles in-house lately?

As to this, I'm definitely going to give it a shot. Missed out on the original, and hey, it's coming out on disc, so hey, that's one thing it's got over Child of Light.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited May 2014
    TK seems to be pretty dedicated to bringing the Atelier games out here, it just hasn't been doing enough PR for them. They appeal to a rather different audience than DW and I'm not sure the company knows how to promote them outside Japan.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited May 2014
    I agree Sam, Rorona is a really adorable and hilarious character.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited May 2014
    So its sounding like there is cross-save, do we know if there is going to be cross-buy for this release?

And I'm wondering what this time capsule feature will do that is supposed to let you send stuff into Totori Plus and Meruru Plus. Makes me glad I've waited for this one before I started this series.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited May 2014
    Ocelot said:
    TK seems to be pretty dedicated to bringing the Atelier games out here, it just hasn't been doing enough PR for them. They appeal to a rather different audience than DW and I'm not sure the company knows how to promote them outside Japan.
    True enough. Then again, at least they're not Sega, who's effectively expunged everything of interest from western release.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.