If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Suggestion: Add platform info on news/updates

Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
edited June 2014 in Site & Forum Support
So, you guys are quite active when it comes to posting news / updates (which is nice) and it often happens that if someone comes back after a few days there are already multiple pages of unread news.

I often find it very hard to figure out which threads are of interest to me. News about certain games mostly contain the game name in the title, other news are often lacking any info about what the news is all about. Even if you click on the thread, it's still often quite hard to find information about what the thread really is about. If it's a review it's very simple, I can click on the link and the review page has all the info needed. But if it's just some E3 news or news about more screenshots added or a first impression, often it just starts to talk about aspects of the game without really giving an overview on the game. You always have to manually look up the game's main page.

So what I'm suggesting is: Whenever you post news/updates, both the forum and the main page should show which platform the news refers to. That way if there is some talk about a game I haven't heard of and it shows PS3, I know "You must click that, might be a PS3 game you want to get" while I can avoid news that just refer to handheld games which I'm not interested in.

This would really help me (and I'm sure others as well) to not miss out on an interesting game or news.

Comments

• OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2014
    Every single one of our news stories has a link to the relevant gamepage in two places: the first mention of the game and the bottom of the news story. That's one click. We're not going to put a platform list in every forum post/frontpage entry because you don't like handhelds.

Ideally, we'd have a more modern site design that listed basic game information to the side of news articles, but a site redesign is out of the hands of this site's content posters. Closing this thread because the topic is closed.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
This discussion has been closed.