If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Raidou Kuzunoha Battles King Abaddon Next Week

MacstormMacstorm Ysy St.Administrators
edited July 2014 in Latest Updates
Atlus USA is bringing yet another PS2 Classic to PSN next week. To celebrate, we have three codes to give away. More details inside.

Story & Contest Info
"The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
Twitter @FinalMacstorm

Comments

• ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited June 2014
    So I can pay $60 each ($360 + tax) for the Atlus PS2 collection at a local store or $60 for the lot I don't have already?

Atlus, you magnificent bastards.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • akaboondockakaboondock New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    I'm a long time (5+ years) visitor of the site. I love it and thank you. I will shamefully admit I hadn't made an account all this time and am doing so for the contest. lol. Sorry, should have done this a long time ago. I'm excited for this! Finally we are getting some more good RPGs on psn.
  • Harli RaverHarli Raver Banned Banned Users
    edited June 2014
    I recall this game having long loading times between encountering enemies and actually beginning battle, but that could have been my old PS2, I don't know.
  • SiveonSiveon New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    I always like it when I can bypass strenuous load-times legally.

I've been meaning to play these two games for quite a while, I was gonna get physical but in this case digital is just the way to go. Plus, I don't have to go through the hassle of re-plugging in the Wires for my PS2.
  • TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    One of the few PS2 games I don't own.

I also will admit I can get a pair for "fetid Dingo Kidneys" for the Devil Summoner titles. I think the main reason they brought them over was the Success of DDS1&2 as well as Persona 3 & 4
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • DeadBowDeadBow New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    One of the few SMT games for PS2 which I don't own. According to Manny it sounds like its worth a playthrough.
  • matootsmatoots New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    I actually want to play this game since i missed it on the PS2. Hope I get the chance to play since there aren't many RPG's left to try out.
  • RaseleanneRaseleanne New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    I was hoping this would come to the PSN! Finally! Sign me up for the contest, please~
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Already picked this up during the recent(ish) reprint, but I'll be interested to see if it comes to PAL on PSN. This is the only PS2 Megaten game we didn't get.
  • MacstormMacstorm Ysy St. Administrators
    edited June 2014
    Just a note, these codes work on NA PSN only. International folks are welcome to them, but will need a PSN account from NA to use them, which is doable.
    "The universe is already mad. Anything else would be redundant."
    Twitter @FinalMacstorm
  • IceSpriteIceSprite New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    I had this for my PS3 (20Gig that was fully backwards compatible) but never beat it. When I joined the Navy I traded away my PS3 Fat for a slimmer model since I knew I wouldn't have much room starting out. Definitely want to play through this again.
  • The Last PaladinThe Last Paladin Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Hm, sounds interesting. Haven't tried this series yet.
  • GrayWolf323GrayWolf323 Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    love how Atlus has been putting everything up for PS2 classics

if I don't win a code I'll still buy the game day 1 regardless :)
  • Zeboyd GamesZeboyd Games Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    I remember this game having better gameplay than the first game but the story wasn't quite as good. In any case, I never finished it so I'd be willing to give it another shot.
    Check out our new XBox 360 Indie RPG, Cthulhu Saves the World, at http://zeboyd.com or follow us on twitter (username: werezompire) for the latest news.
  • ultranessultraness Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    I was wondering why this thread had so many comments. I picked up both Digital Devil Saga games when they came to the PSN, but I've never played this game before.
  • RockkoRockko Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    I've got hard copies of most of the PS2 SMT games, but I totally skipped those two. Might be a good time to catch up on that.
  • DarkRPGMasterDarkRPGMaster A Witness to Destruction Moderators
    edited June 2014
    I've got a hard copy of this and the other Raidou Kuzunoha game. May have to start playing them again sometime soon.
    User Database Check
    Pages cleared: 98
    Users cleared: 2940
    Current Year: 2010
    Spammer-Banning Battle Theme: You Will Know Our Names
    Number of Spammers banned: At least 2000 at this point.
  • zazentofuzazentofu New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    For whatever reason I never finished this! Having it on PS3 would be great purely because maybe I'll actually get to finishing it : x I've never played the original either on ps3 either. Wonder how the prerendered backgrounds hold up on HD tvs.
  • GogarGogar New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    I played this game a few years ago, but my ps2 died before I was able to complete it, and I was never able to finish it. Too bad too, it seemed like a pretty solid game. I felt like it took everything about it's predecessor and made it better.
  • jscarpejscarpe Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Oh boy, another game to add to my backlog; at least it won't cost me too much to not play it. I wish PS2 classics worked on the Vita so I could work on some of these games on the go, but at least Atlus is putting games out as PS2 classics; not many other companies (including Sony) are taking advantage of the service.
  • AdarisAdaris New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Kool Atlus be on the ball with getting there older games on the psn lately!
  • idalarianidalarian New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    After coming to RPGamer every week for many years now, I'm quite ashamed to say that it took this contest for me to join the forums. I'm really happy Atlus is releasing the Devil Summoner games. It's like one of the few companies who's willing to release JRPG as PS2 classics.

And I agree with Jscarpe. It's a shame PS2 classics don't work on Vita. I would buy the Vita in a heartbeat if that were the case.
  • DravDrav A Serious Man Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Macstorm said:
    Just a note, these codes work on NA PSN only. International folks are welcome to them, but will need a PSN account from NA to use them, which is doable.
    I didn't realize there was a competition. No need to include me in that thanks; chances are I'd never get around to creating a NA PSN account to use it.
  • hoktomasterhoktomaster Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    I bought the other one when it was released on PSN but haven't really got to playing it, I was hopeing the next 1 was going to be released.
    I wouldn't even bother to Eat that coz your already dead

My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/hoktoshinkenmaster
    My Livestream http://www.twitch.tv/hoktomaster
  • plotrobertplotrobert New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Awesome, never got to play this back in the day. I'll be picking it up Day 1 myself more than likely.
  • thoughtseizethoughtseize New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Atlus is doing a wonderful job of re-releasing all of the classic SMT-related games for PS2 on the PSN. Another great game I'll have to check out in the near future! One of my favorite game series ever, but many titles still left to play!
  • JDangeyyooJDangeyyoo New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    The ONLY Megaten series I never played. Was waiting for the second to be available digitally before touching the first. Awesome!!
  • FrozenbabylonFrozenbabylon POW! Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Oh what the hell. I think I'd be willing to try this series again, especially if I were to get a freebie.
  • ExodusExodus Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    And who doesn't like freebies!?
  • RaldaenRaldaen New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    It's nice to see Atlus releasing the old Megaten games on PSN.