If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

End of Serenity to Arrive Next Week

NyxNyx Staff Girly GirlRPGamer Staff
edited July 2014 in Latest Updates
Natsume has been providing us with a bunch of news items recently, with End of Serenity's imminent arrival being the latest. Will you be picking it up?

News

Comments

• sirsniffysirsniffy Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Since it's on PSN, can this be played on the Vita also?
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2014
    It's up to Sony to decide that; we've asked, but since we haven't heard either way, only announcing PSP right now. Technically the download to ps3->upload to vita trick should work unless Sony locked that down again.
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited June 2014
    It's also available for iOS and Android under the name End of Aspiration.
  • ascii256ascii256 Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Playing Mystic Chronicles right now. It's good enough where I will probably pick this up as well.

Mystic Chronicles would have been a solid C+ title has it came out on the SNES in 1995.
  • sirsniffysirsniffy Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Paws said:
    It's up to Sony to decide that; we've asked, but since we haven't heard either way, only announcing PSP right now. Technically the download to ps3->upload to vita trick should work unless Sony locked that down again.
    Ah, okay...I will keep my fingers crossed, since my PSP is broken.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2014
    Rya.Reisender said:
    It's also available for iOS and Android under the name End of Aspiration.
    The PSP version has touched up graphics, a new (legible) translation, and bonus content. But sure, if you're really burning to play it one day early, go nuts!
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, it's funny how they retranslate all the games now for 3DS. Should have gotten a proper translation from the start.

Though I can't really complain about it. Maybe it feels worse for someone with English mothertongue, but I find the dialogue in Child of Light harder to read that Kemco's Japanese-English translations. =p
  • ascii256ascii256 Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    ascii256 said:
    Playing Mystic Chronicles right now. It's good enough where I will probably pick this up as well.

Mystic Chronicles would have been a solid C+ title has it came out on the SNES in 1995.
    Went ahead and bought this. It is a big step down from Mystic Chronicles. The dialog is much more basic, more like the NES era. My biggest complaint is that diagonal movement is missing so walking does not feel natural when using the thumbstick. Oh, and the miccrotransactions are more in your face with Serenity Points (or whatever they are called) worked into the menu and DLC items and locations listed in the item and location completion percentage in the "Compendium"

Oh, and the character portraits are still labeled "End of Aspiration" which is kind of funny.
    edited July 2014
    I wonder why they change all the game titles anyway (well, they didn't change "Grinsia", even though it was the one that was the most changed for the 3DS port).

PS: I think Fantasy Chronicle / Mystic Chronicles was their best game.