If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Pier Solar HD Has an Official Trailer

OcelotOcelot is not declawedRPGamer Staff
edited June 2014 in Latest Updates
As we all know, it's not an official trailer without a narrator using his best "In a World" voice. Brush up on Pier Solar's background story right here, because the game is coming soon.

["Soon" not guaranteed to happen as soon as you'd ideally like.]
Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
Twitter: BeckyCFreelance

Comments

• akaboondockakaboondock New Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    I am looking forward to this. Glad they have an option for smoothed over character graphics. I dont know why they think that retro look looks good with the HD backgrounds. It doesn't, in my opinion.
  • knownameknowname Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Goty 2014!!
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Looking forward to this but not sure what I'll buy it on.
  • Rya.ReisenderRya.Reisender Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    [...]HD+ mode. This mode smooths out the pixellated character sprites so that they fit in with the HD backgrounds better.
    Oh man, they actually listened to us!!!

Now let me give you my money! >_<

If it actually gets released this year, it will probably be one of the only games I bought at full price because I actually wanted it so badly (next to M&M:XL and Dragon Fantasy).
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Rya.Reisender said:
    Oh man, they actually listened to us!!!

Now let me give you my money! >_<

If it actually gets released this year, it will probably be one of the only games I bought at full price because I actually wanted it so badly (next to M&M:XL and Dragon Fantasy).
    What about Cosmic Star Heroine? I am looking forward to that and Pier Solar quite a bit.
    edited June 2014
    Well, the estimated release date for Cosmic Star Heroine is December 2014 and most Kickstarter games get delayed, so I'm not sure how high the chance is that it actually comes out this year. :-)

But yeah, I'll most likely buy that one at full price too.
  • TexsideTexside Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Hey, wow. I really doubted they'd smooth those pixellated sprites out. Much less do it as an option!
  • LassicLassic Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    That settles it then: no Xbox 360 version :(
  • TexsideTexside Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    Lassic said:
    That settles it then: no Xbox 360 version :(
    My understanding is it's no fault of Watermelon's. They tried, and they just couldn't get things together with the 360 on the end of its cycle.
  • ascii256ascii256 Member Full Members
    edited June 2014
    I read somewhere that they were going to tweak the gameplay too. I won't go on a rant about the original, but I will say that the original needed just a few changes to really be a great game.

1. Faster animations in and out of battle
    2. More variety in monster mix during encounters
    3. Faster animations in and out of battle
    4. Correction of the "save bug"
    5. Faster animations in and out of battle
    6. Faster animations in and out of battle

Did I mention the game would be much improved if they would speed up animations in and out of battle?
    edited June 2014
    I'm usually not too bothered by slow animations but lack of encounter variety is something that incredibly annoys me in almost every RPG. It's especially bad in indie RPGs that sometimes go as low as just 3 different encounters in a region.

I really wish everyone would just code encounters so that they are randomly filled with available monsters.
    To quote another game designer I know:
    The amount of extra variety you can create just by having enemy formations built randomly out of a set of enemies, instead of only having 5-6 set formations, makes me seriously confused as to why that isn't just the standard.
    (whole discussion: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/15621/?post=550246#post550246)