If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Rise of Mana producer wants to release Seiken Densetsu 5 for HOME CONSOLES

JormungandJormungand MemberFull Members
edited June 2014 in Square Enix
Yes, the caps were necessary. These days, when you see a link to an article about the next game in series x or from developer y, I know your first thought is "oh look, another mobile/browser/F2P game".

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/30/rise-mana-producer-wants-release-next-major-mana-game-two-years/

A person, from Japan, in the game development industry, in charge of making big product decisions, actually wants to make an RPG for home consoles. Is there something wrong with my TV? Have I entered the Outer Limits?

The best part of this whole thing is that Masaru Oyamada acknowledges SD3's exclusivity to the Super Famicom. He also directly states that fans of the older games would prefer to play major Seiken Densetsu titles on home consoles. Someone put this man in charge of the company.