If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

Natural Doctrine to be Implemented in September

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
edited July 2014 in Latest Updates
NIS America has announced a release date for the latest JRPG featuring unnessary text stylisation in its title. While we don't usually go in for bizarre capitalisation choices here at RPGamer (dammit ReMIX), we do like to see what's included in fancy Limited Editions (and upside-down ampersands).

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

• JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2014
    I clicked on the thumbnail, and it says link broken. :(

Dunno what you're talking about *whistles* - Severin
  • OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2014
    My fault for trying to proof while also attempting to keep a kitten on a rampage from destroying my house.
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • JCServantJCServant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited June 2014
    AH....I can see it now! I like how the poster is labeled "Tear resistant." Is the game so bad that I will cry? :P I jest, of course. The game got a rather lukewarm reception in Japan, from what I understand. Why is it I can have this, but not Suikoden II! EVIL!! Anyway, I'll keep an eye open... I like tactical RPGs, after all.
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited July 2014
    I'm quite into SRPGs right now. In fact I'm already wondering if I even should be playing any other genre than this. So I'll be warmly welcoming Natural Doctrine.
    But I still haven't found any I love as much as the Shining Force series. Why can't anyone make something like it?

Natural Doctrine has a chance of me liking it. It seems to be more mature than the usual NIS SRPGs and it also has SF's "Characters are moved in order of speed" rather than "Your turn / His turn".

Just not sure how the "You can move multiple characters on the same grid tile" style will work out. That seems to be removing "Zone of Control" features.