If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

New Ar Nosurge Media Cascades Over

Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/ReviewerRPGamer Staff
edited July 2014 in Latest Updates
Koei Tecmo has released another large batch of media for Ar Nosurge, including a new trailer. Anyone still doubting at the very least a spiritual connection to Ar tonelico, should find this latest evidence quickly washing those doubts away.

[ Story + Trailer ]
[ 60 Screens ]
[ 33 Arts ]
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    DAY ONE PURCHASE BABY.

I want this game like right now so bad .... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

27 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a Proud if slightly annoyed Father :D
  • freykinfreykin Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Pre-ordered it last night, for the limited edition. If nothing else, the soundtrack will be worth it; Ar Tonelico has my favorite soundtracks due to all the Hymmnos.
    edited July 2014
    Sadly I rather get the soundtracks through other sources, like CD Japan, because the soundtracks we get are cut
    I am bad and that is good, I will never be good and that's not bad, there's no one I'd rather be than me - Wreck-it-Ralph

• Gideon ZhiGideon Zhi Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    freykin said:
    Pre-ordered it last night, for the limited edition. If nothing else, the soundtrack will be worth it; Ar Tonelico has my favorite soundtracks due to all the Hymmnos.
    There's a LE? I'm not even seeing a preorder for the standard version on Amazon. Details, please :)

The Ar tonelico stuff has always appealed to me (primarily because of the hymmnos music...) but getting that AND robots? SOLD.
  • PimpaliciousPimpalicious Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Gideon Zhi said:
    There's a LE? I'm not even seeing a preorder for the standard version on Amazon. Details, please :)

The Ar tonelico stuff has always appealed to me (primarily because of the hymmnos music...) but getting that AND robots? SOLD.
    NISA is handling the LE, it's exclusive to their store.

http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Ar-nosurge-Limited-Edition
  • Gideon ZhiGideon Zhi Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Pimpalicious said:
    NISA is handling the LE, it's exclusive to their store.

http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Ar-nosurge-Limited-Edition
    Aha, alright. Thanks!
  • Rya_ReisenderRya_Reisender Solipsist Snowflake Full Members
    edited July 2014
    I'm convinced of the game too. Won't pre-order but will get it at full price. :-)
  • flamethrowerflamethrower Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Anyone know why the Ar tonelico brand name was abandoned? Does it have to do with the publisher changing?
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2014
    Not as far as I'm aware, the Ar Nosurge is a bit of a merging of Ar tonelico and Ciel nosurge, a game Gust released back in 2012 in Japan. Ciel nosurge is the first game after Gust's merger with Tecmo Koei, but as Gust was the publisher in Japan it shouldn't be a reason for a name change. I imagine it was just changed so as not imply direct connections to the Ar tonelico games. Ciel nosurge and Ar Nosurge take place in the same universe afaik, but I believe they are considered by Gust more as a spin-off series. Ciel nosurge and Ar Nosurge are the only ones with the "Surge Concerto" series moniker in their full JP titles.

Gaijin's probably better placed to explain though.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
    edited July 2014
    Any one know if we're missing information for the world with Ciel no Surge not coming over

• SlayerSlayer Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    I want to see more battles!
  • GaijinMonogatariGaijinMonogatari RPGamer Staff RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2014
    TheAnimeMan said:
    Any one know if we're missing information for the world with Ciel no Surge not coming over
    There might be some minor material or backstory, but nothing essential from what I'm aware. Ciel no Surge is identified as a "communication" game meant to be played with lots of people interacting over local wireless, but there's an offline version that's supposed to come out soon.
    edited July 2014
    Thank you Gaijin

• BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Well I 've grown to love the music but I haven't played any, this could be my chance, it's on my wishlist
  • coyotecraftcoyotecraft Full Members
    edited July 2014
    In accordance with the prophecy Johnny yong bosch voices Delta. I'm already disappointed. That was my one wish, anyone but him.
  • Jammy DodgerJammy Dodger New Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    I enjoyed the first Ar Tonelico and was even more impressed with the second. The third disappointed, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic about this game. At least I love the ingame character art style mimicking recent Atelier games.