If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 313: "Dr. Phil's RPG Therapy"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited July 2014 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 313: "Dr. Phil's RPG Therapy"

Today, Anna and Chris get counseled. Phil gets jealous of someone's fishing skills. Cassandra gets every support conversation. And you, dear listener, get a podcast!

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/ rpgamer/313

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "The Answer Doesn't Matter"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390

Comments

• jcservantjcservant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2014
    The office will be open on Monday for whoever needs a little counseling. LOL!
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Chris is wrong and Paper Mario is a great game. Not as good as Paper Mario 2, but it has excellent music, a fun battle system (turn-based with action commands), a whimsical sense of humor, and it keeps to the spirit of classic Mario games. All the more reason to get it as a Club Nintendo Reward while it's available.

What old-school JRPGs would I replay if I had infinite time/money? Paper Mario and Paper Mario 2. They're that good.

Well, I did recently replay Dragon Quest 4 on the DS, but that was primarily to see Chapter 6 for the first time; Chapter 6 wasn't in the original NES version. I'd forgotten how beautifully nonlinear DQ4 once was, a distinguishing feature among the JRPGs of its time.
  • VonBeardlyVonBeardly Beard God Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Dragon Quest 3 is the RPG I would replay again and again. I love that game.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
  • jcservantjcservant Certified Polygameist RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2014
    VonBeardly said:
    Awesome...I'm excited that its next on my RPGTrek!
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Full Members
    edited July 2014
    My problem is I want to play RPGs I haven't beaten yet, instead of replaying stuff (Persona 4 Golden, Xenoblade, I'm looking at you). In terms of replaying though... Chrono Trigger.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups
  • coyotecraftcoyotecraft Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Star Ocean probably isn't a classic. But if I had time I would do the optional post-game dungeons that tri-ace is known for. Leveling characters over 100 seems really time consuming but maybe it goes fast. Idk, I've never bothered to try.
  • smacdsmacd Full Members
    edited July 2014
    VonBeardly said:
    DQ3 is a great game, only second to my personal favorite game of all time- Dragon Quest 4. I've probably replayed that game a dozen times on the NES, and once so far with the DS version. I think I might be due for another replay again soon.

I would love a 3DS remake of DQ1-3 as a single packaged game.
  • risingsunrisingsun - Fancy Title - RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2014
    Front Mission 3, alternating between the two story lines for each play through, while also trying to see all the other possible story branches. I could see myself playing a game like Skyrim or Kotor again and again, each time making different choices, trying new gameplay styles.
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited July 2014
    I would be playing Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne or Final Fantasy Tactics cooperative multiplayer right now if I had someone around to play with. Strangely, though it's not quite an RPG, my first Tactics game was Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters on the NES. I've been wanting to play that recently.
  • PawsPaws BEARSONA RPGamer Staff
    edited July 2014
    Hey folks, just a head's up we'll be recording on Tuesday at 7pm central this week instead of our normal Saturday slot.
  • VonBeardlyVonBeardly Beard God Full Members
    edited July 2014
    jcservant said:
    Awesome...I'm excited that its next on my RPGTrek!
    It's one of my favorite Dragon Quest games because it allows me to make my own party. I tend to love any game that lets me customize my own party, it's probably why I love the Disgaea series so much.
    Twitter: @vonbeardly just started and mostly use it to tweet about games i'm playing.
    PSN: theharv00 (blank invites will be ignored)
  • TexsideTexside Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    Chris's marriage counseling got me laughing out loud in the office again. My coworkers think I'm strange.

Stranger. Let's be real.

I'd replay Dragon Quest IV, I think. That game was magic when I was a kid, and the DS version didn't disappoint either!
  • knownameknowname Member Full Members
    edited July 2014
    The thing about FF11 is that the game that released and the game now (and yes it's still going strong... though I've no idea how strong but I'm sure SOMEBODY is playing it xD) are two totally different experiences. Before lvling and grinding was a factor almost to the point that it was an annoyance, and now (AFAIK) xp and difficulty has pretty much been taken out of the question making even soloing possible so it's like a token casual game... at least as I see it. It should be free to play yet it still costs 12 bucks a month! I may be wrong on all accounts though, but it's NOT the same game and it still as expensive as it was previously.