If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 320: "#CoffeeGate"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited September 2014 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 320: "#CoffeeGate"

Your coffee may be fair trade, but is it locally sourced? Who did the grinding of those beans? It's been alleged that your Aeropress had improper dealings with the Starbucks marketing manager. You know the reviews of that new roast were delayed a day to get one more day of sales, don't you? The only way to fight this corruption is to drink nothing but Lupicia tea! This post sponsored by Lupicia tea.

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/320

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "#CoffeeGate"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
179811.png

Comments

• risingsunrisingsun - Fancy Title - Full Members
    edited September 2014
    I'm Emanuel Merino and I approve of this blurb.

Speaking of which check out my Instagram page for a lot of pictures from a recent Lupicia event. -LINK

Don't forget to use coupon code RPGAMER for 10% off your order of nothing.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2014
    bnZLOJz.png

In my defense, it does have a hot tub.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • DyneDyne Member Full Members
    edited September 2014
    Hey guys, if you're not going to talk about #GamerGate or discuss the corruption in games media and the vast censorship and double standards coming out of it, then please at least don't childishly mock it as some insignificant movement. Those seeking for journalistic integrity are not your joke. If you can't weigh in on the issue, keep the snide, unfunny blurbs to yourself.
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2014
    Le siiiigh.
  • Fowl SorcerousFowl Sorcerous Dread News Editor RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2014
    Dyne wrote: »
    Hey guys, if you're not going to talk about #GamerGate or discuss the corruption in games media and the vast censorship and double standards coming out of it, then please at least don't childishly mock it as some insignificant movement. Those seeking for journalistic integrity are not your joke. If you can't weigh in on the issue, keep the snide, unfunny blurbs to yourself.

oh sweet summer childe...
  • omegabyteomegabyte He's just this guy, you know? RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2014

Technically we weighed in on this whole thing 8 months ago during the end of the year wrap-up show. Before it was even a thing.

See Biggest Bonehead Move of 2013: http://board.rpgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?21254
    God's Final Message to His creation, written in thirty-foot high letters of fire on the side of the Quentulus Quazgar Mountains:
    We Apologize for the Inconvenience
  • PawsPaws Purr RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2014
    Just a quick head's up there will be no RPGCast this weekend (Sept 20th); podcasts will resume as normal on the 27th. Thanks everyone.
  • QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2014
    Paws wrote: »
    Just a quick head's up there will be no RPGCast this weekend (Sept 20th); podcasts will resume as normal on the 27th. Thanks everyone.

Turns out, I might actually be available on the 27th despite a work shift. I'll be rushing home as soon as I'm done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • SeraphimKittenSeraphimKitten President of Soft Paws Full Members
    edited September 2014

I'm so confused. Isn't just calling it GamerGate turning it into a joke? I mean, you wouldn't call something serious "GamerGate", would you? And you put a pound sign in front of it. I'm being trolled, aren't I?
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited September 2014

I gotta agree. The condescending attitude is quite sad coming from this place. The suppression of ideas that don't fit the narrative in the broader game media is bad enough without fan sites joining in on the arrogant mocking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflict Madison, WIAdministrators
    edited September 2014
    I gotta agree. The condescending attitude is quite sad coming from this place. The suppression of ideas that don't fit the narrative in the broader game media is bad enough without fan sites joining in on the arrogant mocking.

We've actually discussed GamerGate twice on the podcast now, that's my favorite part. We discussed it while it was young and we thought it was only about Ms. Quinn, and we discussed it when it was older and we had more info about the valid parts of the movement and the really ugly parts of the movement.

And yes, I think that it is a ridiculous thing, for many reasons. However, discussions about it quickly get toxic so I'm not going to defend this statement.

In other news, we're cancelling the podcast this weekend as my Grandpa has passed away and I'll be in Florida to attend the service and spend time with family. We'll be back next week.

Until then, Lupicia tea really is a wonderful thing!
    179811.png
  • NyxNyx Staff Girly Girl RPGamer Staff
    edited September 2014
    Sorry for your loss, Chris.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited September 2014
    sabin1001 wrote: »
    We've actually discussed GamerGate twice on the podcast now, that's my favorite part. We discussed it while it was young and we thought it was only about Ms. Quinn, and we discussed it when it was older and we had more info about the valid parts of the movement and the really ugly parts of the movement.

And yes, I think that it is a ridiculous thing, for many reasons. However, discussions about it quickly get toxic so I'm not going to defend this statement.

In other news, we're cancelling the podcast this weekend as my Grandpa has passed away and I'll be in Florida to attend the service and spend time with family. We'll be back next week.

Until then, Lupicia tea really is a wonderful thing!

First off, let me also express my condolences for your loss. I hope you can cope with, and recover from, this trying ordeal.

Secondly, you're going to have to point to the episodes regarding serious discussion about the issue, since I seem to have missed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited September 2014
    My condolences to Chris also.

You threatened to talk about mobile games for hours unless you got feedback... I realize mobile gaming is here to stay, but I'm beggining you, please no all-mobile podcasts. >_>

I'm looking forward to what you think of the final boss & ending of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. Are you going to do the optional Pit of 100 Trials dungeon, too? Some people (not me) like to test their Superguarding skill by attempting the Pit in Chapter 1 of the game.