If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 322: "Jar Of Bees"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited October 2014 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 322: "Jar Of Bees"

We're back for another week of wacky antics and thrilling adventures! Wait, we just talk about RPG news don't we? But we have thrilling news! Ultros in FFXIV, flying in the new Pok
179811.png

Comments

• QuinQuin ne cede malis RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2014
    I'd like to thank the people of RPGamer for helping me through this process, I don't think I'd have been able to get this far without the support I've gotten from the community, especially the staff.

Just so people are aware, my Twitter has moved to @Mecha_Alice as part of the Great Switchover™ of my accounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
  • BalanceBalance Member Full Members
    edited October 2014
    Great show, funny. My gaming buying habits are not economical but I at least wait for reviews. No, I've never bught special editions except for King's Bounty Dark side on steam-for a few bucks more lol.
    I wait for a list of games we want and after discussion with my siblings we may buy a gaming platform but definately not when its shiny and new.
    As for the way I like to play games, I find I really lack the discipline to binge game anymore unless it's a mindlessly easy grind. (although I found some Atelier games gripping)
    I play a lot of games on easy settings and have been spoiled by the more polished games.
    Sadly now Igive up too easily on unpolished and difficult games. I swear I had more patience when I was younger, I wonder if gamefaqs and google changed my approach to gaming >.<;
    Even on easy games I kinda skirmish, I jump in and try and do some damage(progress) then I'd stop and dive back in later (like I'm trying to catch it by surprise).
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited October 2014
    I'm slowly realizing what you folks said about collector's editions not being remotely worth it.

My biggest gripe is the soundtracks. Collector's Edition soundtracks are almost always a bare handful of musical selections, such as the seven-song soundtrack included in the Bravely Default CE. If you really want to enjoy an RPG's soundtrack, 98% of the time you're better off buying it on eBay, or just visiting YouTube.

I did buy the digital collector's edition of World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor because I wanted, and actually use, the in-game mount and pet.

PS: Quin, you completely surprised me. I wish you happiness.
  • MasterChiefMasterChief I didn't learn anything! Full Members
    edited October 2014
    Victar wrote: »
    I'm slowly realizing what you folks said about collector's editions not being remotely worth it.

My biggest gripe is the soundtracks. Collector's Edition soundtracks are almost always a bare handful of musical selections, such as the seven-song soundtrack included in the Bravely Default CE. If you really want to enjoy an RPG's soundtrack, 98% of the time you're better off buying it on eBay, or just visiting YouTube..

It's like anything else, you gotta read up. There ARE sweet CEs out there, but it's pretty scattershot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What the f--- is a Shakespeare?"
    -Rico Valasquez, showing off why no one likes him.