If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 324: "Extra Life 2014"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited October 2014 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 324: "Extra Life 2014"

We played some games, talked some news, and healed some kids. It was a good way to spend a Saturday. Thanks for your donations and we'll see you next year!

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/324

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "Extra Life 2014"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
179811.png

Comments

• TheAnimeManTheAnimeMan Member Full Members
    edited October 2014
    I'm thinking of dedicating two hours of my gaming every week to extra life.
    sig.gif

28 years of gaming and still going strong
    and now a mostly annoyed Father with first son. And now a father again to a second son :D

Winner of the 2015-2016 Fantasy gaming Pool
  • ScreamingSkullScreamingSkull New Member Full Members
    edited October 2014
    Manny please continue avoiding Bleach. Also the first season is the best part of the series Chris, after they move to the soul society everything falls apart into a garbage shonen mess. It makes Dragonball Z look Shakespearean. If I were religious I'd pray for the poor souls still watching Bleach and Naruto, praying nightly for a non-filler episode (not that those are actually worth watching).
  • PowerlordPowerlord Spy, gentlemen! Full Members
    edited October 2014
    I missed the actual RPGCast, but I caught most of the gaming stream.

Heck, I was one of the people playing Speedrunners starting around midnight CDT and remained on the Skype call until past 7am.

Incidentally, I thought I saw on Extra Life's main page something about doing another 24 hour game day next Sunday. I don't see if when I look now, though.
  • noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2014
    i do <3 the bleach, and i'm probably in the minority who even likes the filler. however, the bount incident was probably the worst filler arc of the series.

i don't *mind* naruto, but i'm also not heartbroken if i never saw another episode of it. i mean, i just watched one where literally the entire episode was naruto staring angrily at orochimaru. that's.. all that happened.
    nkkd01.jpg
  • LegendaryZoltanLegendaryZoltan Releaser of Heavy Metal Full Members
    edited October 2014
    I'm listening right now and I'm an hour into the episode and going OUT OF MY MIND! I have an idea of how to make your future podcasts a lot better. Here is my idea.

Don't talk about clothes, shopping malls, or movies on your RPG podcast EVER AGAIN!

Just some friendly feedback from a fan. ^_^
    edited October 2014
    With the Playstation TV, does it download the games or stream them? If it downloads them, I'll buy it.
  • ShayminShaymin The Gratitude Pokemon Halifax, New SealandFull Members
    edited October 2014
    Downloads its own software... on the irritating Vita memory cards. Streams PS4 stuff.
    "The flowers all over its body burst into bloom if it is lovingly hugged and senses gratitude."
    Twitter | A gaming podcast by grownups | Nintendo World Report news editor
    edited October 2014
    Irritating because they're expensive or are there other reasons? I have a PS2 still but I don't have a PSP. This seems like a cheap way for me to be able to play a ton of old games. Especially when you consider the fact that I'd have to ship English copies in to Japan if I go the physical route.

EDIT: OK. Wait a minute. I checked out the PS1 classics PSTV compatible games list. I had this idea that they were going to release pretty much the whole PS1 library, but I don't think any of the games on the list are ones you can't already get as PS1 Classics for the PS3. No Star Ocean 2, Brave Fencer Musashi, Breath of Fire 3, or Valkyrie Profile. I have officially lost interest in PSTV.
  • Severin MiraSeverin Mira News Director/Reviewer RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2014
    Expensiveness mostly and yeah, the PS1 compatible-list will be basically the same between devices. One title compatible for PS3 will generally be compatible for PSP/Vita and vice versa as it's basically the same emulator.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
    Twitter: severinmira | Xbox Live: Severin Mira | PSN: severinmira (EU) | NNID: severinmira
    Final Fantasy XIV: Sevvi Taubemira (Leviathan)
  • noodlenoodle Kirby: El Presidente RPGamer Staff
    edited October 2014
    I'm listening right now and I'm an hour into the episode and going OUT OF MY MIND! I have an idea of how to make your future podcasts a lot better. Here is my idea.

Don't talk about clothes, shopping malls, or movies on your RPG podcast EVER AGAIN!

Just some friendly feedback from a fan. ^_^

don't want to upset the zoltan :o

i actually forgot we were doing the podcast at the time we were talking about that..
    nkkd01.jpg
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited October 2014
    I didn't realize 3DS Korra was an RPG. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

I thought one of you was still playing Paper Mario 2... what happened with that?