If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum Rules. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welcome to RPGamer's new forums running under Vanilla Forums! If you're run into any odd or strange issues after our software migration please see this thread for details

RPGCast - Episode 331: "MMO In Three Hours"

sabin1001sabin1001 Man vs. Slime, the fourth type of conflictMadison, WIAdministrators
edited January 2015 in Latest Updates
RPGCast - Episode 331: "MMO In Three Hours"

FFXIV gets chocobos. Theatrhythm gets Mana. Browsers get SaGa. Vita gets TitS. And you get a new RPGCast. Happy new year!

You can find the links to all our stories on delicious: http://delicious.com/rpgamer/331

RPGCast streams live on Saturday at Noon Eastern / 9 AM Pacific.

Leave your feedback in the following ways!
Post in this thread.
Email us at podcast@rpgamer.com
Leave us a voicemail at (608) 729-4098
Email us an mp3 or m4a voicemail at podcast@rpgamer.com

Download the show: "MMO In Three Hours"
Subscribe to the feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/Rpgcast
Subscribe in iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=264306390
179811.png

Comments

• Strawberry EggsStrawberry Eggs Hands off the parfait! Administrators
    edited January 2015
    Oh, I do enjoy Fantasy Life quite a bit. The various small goals the game gives you are a great incentive to keep playing, but I can't help but think I'll eventually grow weary of the game. There is a lot to do in the game, but it's a bit shallow, too. I do find the game very charming, and like it more than Gaijin did the Japanese version.

For some reason, the only thing to come to mind for a silly/non-typical GOTY category is "Best Hair." :P

And about keeping the Wii to play GameCube games, Phil, I would, though that's because I enjoy a number of titles exclusive to the platform that don't have and maybe will never get ports/remakes. The Baten Kaitos games are chief among them. Heck, I was glad that a piece of music got into Smash Bros for Wii U. It's probably the most recognition the series got since Origins. :P Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door are still my favorites in their respective series. While not exclusive, and I haven't played it in a few years, I do still want to keep my data for Phantasy Star Online: Episodes I & II and perhaps revisit it.

But yeah, if you don't think you'll be revisiting or feel especially attached to a GCN exclusive, then I don't think you really need to hang onto the Wii after finishing your remaining games .
    Bravely second...
    The courage to try again...

Twitter: BerryEggs

• OcelotOcelot is not declawed RPGamer Staff
    edited January 2015
    As long as that includes facial hair, I think we can all agree that Dorian from Dragon Age wins that category hands-down this year. ;)
    Becky Cunningham, Staff-at-Large
    Twitter: BeckyCFreelance
  • VictarVictar Member Full Members
    edited January 2015
    I second the suggestion to keep the Wii, and a GameCube controller to go with it. Box 'em up if you have to; they'll fit in a small space. There are quite a few GameCube games that hold up over the test of time, not just RPGs. A few months ago, I played the original Luigi's Mansion for the first time, and was pleasantly delighted.
  • silktailsilktail mild peril Full Members
    edited January 2015
    So stay kitty, until next week
    Hmm, I don't think that's going to work out very well for you Chris. Because you probably want a canine companion, if you are going to teach them tricks. ;)